• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New Wheels and Tires advice

full_of_fit

Reaction score
Well after my last mini bashing session one of my Proline Badlands, peeled away from the rim and the foam was coming out. After emailing pro line they said that it doesn’t look like it can be fixed with glue and that the only way they can help me out wise to provide proof of purchase. Anyway all that to say are there any wheels and tires that come belted? When I googled belted RC tires the SRC off road wheels came up...The Rams themselves look fantastic by the tires on this one too low profile to The rims themselves look fantastic but the tires seem to low profile to absorb any sort of jump. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don’t want to try the fishing line or the duck tape trick I just want something that I could just bolt on and go. Thanks again for all of your help,
Ian

Nicochau

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
EB48, ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Suppose you’re bashing with that truck. I would just push that back in and glue the tire again. But I might have overseen something on your pic.

The SRC seem to be great... on-road. Def not enough cushion.

I like the dboot Back flips. Little ballooning for what they are.

full_of_fit

Reaction score
I did originally push the foam in any was about to buy some glue but then I decided to email proline since I’ve spent a lot of money with them. The proline rep that if I tired to reglue it would rip again and proceed to tell me I need Ed proof of purchase to receive 10% my next purchase ?. Yeah that won’t be happening

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I did originally push the foam in any was about to buy some glue but then I decided to email proline since I’ve spent a lot of money with them. The proline rep that if I tired to reglue it would rip again and proceed to tell me I need Ed proof of purchase to receive 10% my next purchase ?. Yeah that won’t be happening
That happens with tyres unfortunately. The Dboots Katar tyres on the front of my ET48.3 ripped after doing backflips on 6S.

I have glued them back and they have so far lasted one battery pack, so time will tell if they hold up.

Nicochau

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
EB48, ET48
Driving Style
Basher
I re-glue a majority of my stuff. Don't bother with the warranty. 10% discount is a joke.

I buy the cheap CA glue at 99c or sometimes the more expensive stuff from Home Depot / Lowes. They seem to work the same.

My recommendations:
  • buy a Cyanoacrylate glue

• buy multiple containers rather than a big tube. Once opened, the best is to use the glue immediately. Those glue tend to deteriorate.

• when glueing, good sense stuff: clean the stuff before glueing, put enough glue, make sure it spreads to enough surface

• if you really want to keep an open tube: close it and put it in a very dry location, ideally in a fridge (some freeze it, I don't bother)

TBuggy

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
EB410, EB48, ET410, SCT410
If you want your CA to last longer after opening. Store the closed container in your freezer. It will maintain its usability much longer this way.

I also suggest a "thin" CA glue for gluing up tires to rims.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S New body and wheels/tires and mods.. ET48 2
quadcells 17mm Hex Chrome Wheels MT410 2
Guy Et wheels ET48 4
Jack the Tripper MT410 with 12mm hex wheels MT410 0
T SCT 410.3 Body and Wheels? Paint and Body 3
Budki Proline wheels MT410 8
Beldent New wheels for mt48.3 MT410 3
B 3.8" Wheels? EB48 2
A Wheels for backflip LP 4s? ET48 2
GeekedupFL Dumb question .. how to attach wheels? ET410 5
G 48.3 GabeReal RC | Intro - Bashing Wheels? ET48 15
G Metal clanking sound, motor turns, wheels barely.. ET48 16
Pizelinho Chance to mount touring wheels on eb410? EB410 2
louielc Front Wheels Going Wrong Way MT410 2
Nicochau Wheels rubbing on EB48.4 EB48 2
S 20mm hex wheels on et48? ET48 1
P 0 offset Truggy Wheels fit? MT410 8
Slogrits Slash 4x4 street conversion what wheels RC Builds 6
S Anyone run DE Racing wheels on their SCT410.3? SCT410 3
Hye 410.3 Sct410 with 1/8 buggy wheels? SCT410 5
F Help with tires on MT410 MT410 10
S Help me with tires! EB410 4
eb_410 Q: What way should I vent my new tires? EB410 9
Beldent New tires, new pictures for you guys! MT410 13
lampshade9909 Authentic looking Monster Truck tires on a Tekno (Brainstorming) RC Builds 41
Relic01 Front tires , slop MT410 3
Nicochau Truggy tires ET48 5
quadcells Wheel + Tires MT410 9
G Truggy tires ET48 6
Tamiyauberalles 2.8 1/10 Monster Truck tires on EB48? EB48 27
LudoLoe Question about Proline Badlands tires ET48 10
Tamiyauberalles 48.4 Tires for run down track? EB48 1
MJVadnais Traxxas X-Maxx tires for MT410 MT410 10
S ET48 street on-road tires ET48 9
CarsonRC MT410 2.8s tires? MT410 2
keoni068 Tires for 6s onroad speed runs ET48 6
cadon78 Gluing tires is a pita Chassis & Drivetrain 19
R MT 410 M2C chassis upgrade Advice or Suggestions MT410 7
Sludog Needs tire buying advice MT410 6
Sludog MT410 build kit coming, need some motor buying advice MT410 11
piccopower Finishing up my MT410 build need advice please. MT410 6
Some_Article 48.3 Could I please get some advice before spending money which I have worked hard for!!? ET48 8
F Advice for Painting Wheel Fenders and Hood Grill MT410 5
S Need advice on gearing, already have a 15T pinion MT410 2
TILLER99 My first build! Mt410 my favorite rc To date!!! Thoughts and advice on other mods please! MT410 14