• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Short course truck wheels and tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocwheaton

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the process of setting up my 'new to me' used et410.1 for non-serious racing, in a class where the club combines 1/10 truggies, sct's and stadium trucks into one group (so the rules are lax)

I'm aiming for a more realistic look to the truggy, just because i like realism more than pure performance.

I'll likely fit some other 1/10 truck body and add some scale details, but i have 2 LFR bodies to get me started, as they are a bit more realistic looking than the standard body.

I was thinking of running short course wheels and tires for that scale look.

Is anyone else running sct wheels? Any advice on what works well?

I'd love to find some lightweight beadlock sct wheels, even if the cost more than standard sct wheels.

I'll post some pics of the car soon.

Thanks

biggest problem I had with SCT wheels on the mini truggy was the higher center of gravity... I couldn't reduce the ride height properly and was prone to traction rolls... for bashing around it's cool, but for racing, ST wheels are the only option IMO.

I raced on carpet, turf, dirt and clay... same results all the way around regardless of condition, lap times were significantly enough faster with ST wheels and FAR less frustrating with the tuning.

That said, you didn't specify the track surface which will be impossible to recommend any tire package regardless :(

The only good thing about SCT wheels was they were so tall that they ballooned up to where the front wheels could grab the ground when on your lid to self marshal... never once had to be marshaled with SCT wheels, but consistency was crap with the SCT wheels too, ha!

30277765607_ac2d0c3ffe_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love the look of SC wheels/tires to give the ET410 a truggy-like appearance, and has better selection of knobby tires. The Pro-Line set of Traxxas Slash SC offset wheels that I use, had a smidgen deeper hex socket which required me to use +1mm hexes in order to tighten the wheel nut. Just be aware of that if/when you do go the SC wheel route, and you have wheels that feel hard to turn by hand.

I had two sets of Pro-Line bead lock wheels...
1646134626550.png

they were significantly heavier, because of the metal bead lock ring and screws. My track is medium to loose conditions and I still managed to "pop"/pull the tire bead while going into corners hard. Yeah, I like the look, but I would not recommend them in any racing with others situation.

Recent Popular Liked

Back