• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New! M2C Wide Truggy Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Protek horn should work just fine.

@Overkill Did the chassis change how the truggy handled in the air? I have ordered one and it will be here wed but just wanted to ask. The stock truck flys so well it is amazing how stable it acts in the air.

@Overkill I bought a 107mm TP Power 1700kv motor for my wide chassis. Do you think I should support the back end of the motor with something?

I swear I saw you used a fan mount, but cannot seem to find that picture again.

My motor screws are 4mm and I have the older style M3/M4 Tekno mount.

Thanks!!

@Overkill Did the chassis change how the truggy handled in the air? I have ordered one and it will be here wed but just wanted to ask. The stock truck flys so well it is amazing how stable it acts in the air.
I haven't really noticed that much of a difference.

@Overkill I bought a 107mm TP Power 1700kv motor for my wide chassis. Do you think I should support the back end of the motor with something?

I swear I saw you used a fan mount, but cannot seem to find that picture again.

My motor screws are 4mm and I have the older style M3/M4 Tekno mount.

Thanks!!
With my other truggy, I use the stock ESC plate as a rear motor support. I use 20/43 gearing and the motor rests right on the plate, it works really well. With the truggy in this post, I did try a fan mount support but it didn't hold up on big jumps.

I haven't really noticed that much of a difference.

What servo horn did you end up going with? I picked up the Protek 7800BK like on the website but I don't see anyway to use it unless I put a huge amount of washers on the steering side to level out the linkage. I can't seem to find M2C own servo horn anywhere either.

What servo horn did you end up going with? I picked up the Protek 7800BK like on the website but I don't see anyway to use it unless I put a huge amount of washers on the steering side to level out the linkage. I can't seem to find M2C own servo horn anywhere either.
I'm using the Tekin 24mm horn, but I don't think they make that length anymore. It's not going to hurt anything if the linkage rod isn't completely level.

I'm using the Tekin 24mm horn, but I don't think they make that length anymore. It's not going to hurt anything if the linkage rod isn't completely level.

After I replied I was able to get the Protek to work with a nylon shim, it was severely off originally.

Another question, were you able to get any kind of rear chassis protector on this chassis? My original DE racing skid plates won't work they don't sit flush.

Thanks big time for replying buddy, there doesn't seem to be too many people running this chassis. Paint is drying on the body than I will take it out for a maiden voyage. Again thank you big time for responding and being helpful, this RC is going to be my race/beater. I am hoping the chassis does good with racing

Good to hear. I'm running the Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate, works great. I know a lot of people who run this chassis, they're just not active online. Glad to help (y)

Good to hear. I'm running the Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate, works great. I know a lot of people who run this chassis, they're just not active online. Glad to help (y)

Is it the skid plate for the MT410?

Thank you again big time placed an order for 2ea of them. I wasn't for sure how long they last with use.

Only thing I slightly wish is that this chassis had the bottom screws more countersunk. Dang watching paint dry sucks hahaha

@Overkill What all bodies have you tried with this chassis? I am running the NT48.3 body and I am not liking how it hits the receiver box and my battery is hitting the bottom body curve.

@Overkill What all bodies have you tried with this chassis? I am running the NT48.3 body and I am not liking how it hits the receiver box and my battery is hitting the bottom body curve.
I've only used the Leadfinger Racing Strife, fits perfect.

Thanks big time man going to order one, does that body come precut? I have one for my sons Mugen I love how thick the lexan is. Dang hated I wasted this factory Tekno NT48.3 body and all the shoe goop. Do you mess with shoe gooping your bodies?

Thanks big time man going to order one, does that body come precut? I have one for my sons Mugen I love how thick the lexan is. Dang hated I wasted this factory Tekno NT48.3 body and all the shoe goop. Do you mess with shoe gooping your bodies?
Yes sir. It needs to be cut and I use gorilla tape.

@Overkill did you go with higher weight springs? My truggy with this new chassis, larger 107mm motor, and Max6 ESC is sitting really low in the travel with the stock green springs.

Thanks!

@Overkill did you go with higher weight springs? My truggy with this new chassis, larger 107mm motor, and Max6 ESC is sitting really low in the travel with the stock green springs.

Thanks!

With my little tekin setup I saw the same thing, I am now running the orange springs which help big time. They have however gave me a bounce when landing I think they might be too heavy for my setup but for a larger setup like you are describing I would say they are perfect.

Thanks!
Yes, I’m using the orange springs.

I just realized I never posted up the production chassis.

The rear sides of the chassis were cut back just a tiny bit to provide more clearance for the arm mud guards. The rear ESC plate holes were moved a little closer towards the center to provide more ESC protection from debris. The left rear section of the chassis was cut just like stock instead of straight all the way down.
M2C-28.png

MEGA brace
M2C-29.png

M2C-25.png

3 chassis braces for the ultimate level of durability
M2C-30.png

M2C-26.png

I'm currently running my light weight setup, which is a little over 11 lbs. w/battery.

Castle 1515 2200kv motor
Castle MMX ESC
Yeah Racing aluminum case fans
Tekin T-440 servo
Proline Badlands
15/44 gearing
6S hardcase battery
M2C-31.png

Recent Popular Liked

Back