• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Need a 23t servo horn for EB410.2 since Tekno decided that everyone uses 25t servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmorg

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Need a 23t servo horn for a EB410.2 since Tekno thinks everyone uses 25t servos

seriously curious, which brand of servo is still manufacturing 23T splines?

I thought everyone has since adopted 25T as industry standard.

seriously curious, which brand of servo is still manufacturing 23T splines?

I thought everyone has since adopted 25T as industry standard.
Spektrum 6240

What kind of weirdo uses 23t servos... just kidding, but there are other brands out there that make 23t universal servo horns.

What kind of weirdo uses 23t servos... just kidding, but there are other brands out there that make 23t universal servo horns.

not sure if those universal horns will be compatible, I would be sure to measure the offset with the kit included plastic horn to try to get something as close as you can get.... what sucks is that TEKNO is the only brand I know where they reverse the arm so that it's on the bottom of the link as a super low profile horn.

Last edited:
Spektrum 6240
Wow, hard to believe they haven't caught up with the rest of the industry yet :(

Not sure if this is a direct fit, but it's a low profile and might be close enough to work:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-a...ervo-horn-23tjr-airtronics-ko-asc1367/p637534

It's 20mm OC so double check the stock arm, it might be 17mm and if that's the case then don't waste your time on the 20mm otherwise you'll get binding with the bulkhead... seen other guys try to use aftermarket horns and they didn't work because there was too much aluminum protruding past the arm hole.

Might be less trouble to get a standard 25T servo

This one looks close and might be worth a shot for $8. I didn't realize how low profile it needs to be... still in the process of building my et410.2

ProTek RC Aluminum Servo Horn (23T-JR/Sanwa/KO)​

Screenshot_20230109_152619_Chrome.jpg

I don't remember why but I used a similar clamping version of the Protek horn. I had to clearance the Akerman plate a little to get it to clear the horn. I think I might have been trying to spend the money with my LHS when I bought my servo and that's what they had.

Tekno list the servos brands it fits. It is servo not scale that counts.

If you scroll down the page they list the specific vehicles that it's compatible with, essentially all the 1/8 platforms are listed where the EB410 is not there :(

The problem with the 1/8 horn is that the arm will be too long and will not clear the bulkhead on the EB410.

I've seen many folks attempt to run aftermarket horns with limited success, if it were me, I'd find a 25T servo and use the TEKNO horn to play it safe. Most aftermarket horns will place the linkage at an odd angle which will jack with the geometry making the steering progressive instead of linear.

Recent Popular Liked

Back