• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Need advice for pinion and spur gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

Reaction score
Hey everybody...
Asking for your help on recommendations for my Tekno MT410.3 Spur and pinion gears.
What material they are made from. Tooth count for each. Brand name if you have one. I'm just using this rig for moderate bashing and just having fun on short grass, dirt, sandy soil and some asphalt.
Here's the motor and esc:

Castle Creations Monster X 1/8 Brushless Combo w/1515 Sensored Motor (2200Kv)​

Reefs RAW 500 Servo.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Buy Tekno pinions. Get what you think is right, 15 teeth, I think, to start, get a couple bigger and smaller. Then watch your temps to fine tune. Size of tire, ground, grass all can makes adjust needed. Invest in a temp gun, cheap enough on Amazon etc. Spur gears or in the kit. Use what they give you in kit for spur. Use blue lock tight on the pinion set screw.

Tekno gears are about as good as anything out there IMO.
I used the stock plastic spur till it was missing a couple teeth, then bought the Tekno steel spur. No complaints.
What are you running for tires? Makes a big difference for pinion size.
I run Duratrax badgers, which are rather small'ish (truggy tires), 2200kv, 4s, 18t pinion is about max for my liking. Any larger pinion and things start getting too hot.
I was running a 16t with backflip LP's, perfect, never got hot.

Buy Tekno pinions. Get what you think is right, 15 teeth, I think, to start, get a couple bigger and smaller. Then watch your temps to fine tune. Size of tire, ground, grass all can makes adjust needed. Invest in a temp gun, cheap enough on Amazon etc. Spur gears or in the kit. Use what they give you in kit for spur. Use blue lock tight on the pinion set screw.
Thanks man

Tekno gears are about as good as anything out there IMO.
I used the stock plastic spur till it was missing a couple teeth, then bought the Tekno steel spur. No complaints.
What are you running for tires? Makes a big difference for pinion size.
I run Duratrax badgers, which are rather small'ish (truggy tires), 2200kv, 4s, 18t pinion is about max for my liking. Any larger pinion and things start getting too hot.
I was running a 16t with backflip LP's, perfect, never got hot.
Thanks knowair.

Recent Popular Liked

Back