• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 build kit coming, need some motor buying advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sludog

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Having lots of difficulty getting the parts I originally wanted for the MT410 build I plan on starting this week. Most of the items I wanted have very long backordered. Some until June.
Wanted a promodler servo but not available. Went with a Savox 1230. Are these any good?
Also wanted a FlySky GT5 radio but not shipping until May. Will have to go with either a Futaba or Specktrum. Good choices but more money. Would rather start cheap and work up to the good stuff.
And last the Motor and esc have been tough. Supplies are available but most need to be soldered and I do all my soldering at my local shops which all are either closed or open for phone orders only and not doing repairs. I don't have the tools or the knowledge to do a good enough job. At least the tires and bodies are easy to come by, for now at least.

So my question is what motor and esc combo would you guys recommend that are pretty much ready to go out of the box with hopefully IC5 or even EC5 or XT90 battery leads since I have quite a few of those batteries laying around.
I know the Arrma BLX will fit my needs and probably be the best option but just wanted to see if they is a better option besides the Arrma power which I am quite familiar with my vehicles.

I just picked up a kit from tower hobbie waiting in the mail and going with the FlySky GT5 just got it from amazon for 75$ shipped.

Its a fun process to build a kit and different bond but down the line its much more money than a rtr but totally worth it imo.

You just really need hex tools and some shock tools i would guess and you can build one. I don't know to much about Arrma.

where are you located

I just picked up a kit from tower hobbie waiting in the mail and going with the FlySky GT5 just got it from amazon for 75$ shipped.

Its a fun process to build a kit and different bond but down the line its much more money than a rtr but totally worth it imo.

You just really need hex tools and some shock tools i would guess and you can build one. I don't know to much about Arrma.

where are you located
Great tip, thanks. I just ordered flysky from Amazon just now. The last I looked it was out of stock Or one vendor had it but estimated delivery arrival was May. Great starter radio with tons of features. Cheap receivers too.

where are you located
Did you get an MT410?

Great tip, thanks. I just ordered flysky from Amazon just now. The last I looked it was out of stock Or one vendor had it but estimated delivery arrival was May. Great starter radio with tons of features. Cheap receivers too.
Update on the radio. Just got word that estimated arrival is May30 to June 20!!!!
Figured it was too good to be true. I just canceled the order. Probably go with a Spektrum radio that are easy to find.

I would just go with a Spektrum DX5c..??
Yes that is mostly likely the one I'm getting. Was looking to snag a DX5 Pro but they cost double the DX5c.

Update on the radio. Just got word that estimated arrival is May30 to June 20!!!!
Figured it was too good to be true. I just canceled the order. Probably go with a Spektrum radio that are easy to find.

That sucks thanks for letting me know. Sucks the spectrum radio you mention dont come with a receiver.

I got a mt410 kit on the way should be here monday cant wait.

That sucks thanks for letting me know. Sucks the spectrum radio you mention dont come with a receiver.

I got a mt410 kit on the way should be here monday cant wait.
I think I'm going to go with the Spektrum rugged radio. More then what I wanted to spend but it should last me a long time.
I just got my kit today. Might get it started tomorrow but for sure Saturday it will be born. Really impressive unboxing for such a small box. I took the arms out and they are insanely big and strong and the shocks are wild.

Where can I get Spektrum DX5c recievers? I just bid on one for sale on ebay but now notice I cant find any recievers avaliable anywhere smh

What other alternative radio set up is good that is no more than $100

Just got a Flysky GT-5 delivered to me via Bangood USA wharehouse, also check Hobbyking they had stock in the USA

Just got a Flysky GT-5 delivered to me via Bangood USA wharehouse, also check Hobbyking they had stock in the USA
I ordered one thru amazon and said shipping in May or June after order was placed. I canceled that order. Hobbyking was backordered. I just checked now its still says backordered. I thought eBay might be and option but all the sellers in Asia and I doubt they'll get the order filled.

Recent Popular Liked

Back