• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 / pre-build, pre-order post for suggestions and feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr8tor

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Experienced RC'r looking to put together an MT410.
I used to have (15 yrs ago) a 10th scale nitro Traxxas and eventually migrated to drones and helicopters.
I'm looking to get back into off-road bashing and am looking for feedback and suggestions.
I'm going to be bashing in the back yard, down dirt roads, in parks and such. Some jumps for sure. Skate parks quite possibly. BMX track for sure.
I live in idaho so anything outside of town has rocks and dirt.

Most of this is coming from amainhobbies but im open to suggestions on better deals also.
Mostly im looking for feedback on the parts themselves though.
Too much, not enough, just right?
The transmitter is a cheapy for now to get going, i'll look to replace it later if i pick up more ground vehicles.
I have all the tools (solder, wrenches, calipers) i might need already from drone and helicopter hobbies.

Updated Parts list
Total (kit with required parts) = $1,065
Total with batteries = $1,275
Total with batteries and extra parts = $1,291
(all USD)

Last edited:
That esc and motor is race oriented. It can't get wet whatsoever. And not big enough for monster truck. I would get max 8 combo.

That ESC / motor combo should work perfectly in a light / stock build. Consider picking us a 74mm truggy can (instead of 4268 buggy can) for more torque especially if your planning on running larger tires.

Also, as mentioned, the ESC is a racing ESC, not waterproof and 2s to 4s only. No 6s option down the road if you wanted to upgrade.

i personally run only 4s, in dry climate and try to keep the rig as light as possible, so the combo would work for me. Still wanted to highlight those points for you before you pull the trigger.

you will also need an aluminum servo horn and a mod1 pinion for the motor.

Last edited:
That esc and motor is race oriented. It can't get wet whatsoever. And not big enough for monster truck. I would get max 8 combo.
Ahhh dangit.
Well, i would really like to get a sensored esc/motor combo that is water proof, any chance that exists for anything reasonable?
I dont plan to get it wet, but puddles and water exists enough around where ill play that its enough of a risk to worry about.

Ill be honest, i love the low end torque and smoothness of sensored motors and would very much prefere sensored if possible.
Not being weatherproof just may kill it though.
Thanks for pointing this out.

That ESC / motor combo should work perfectly in a light / stock build. Consider picking us a 74mm truggy can (instead of 4268 buggy can) for more torque especially if your planning on running larger tires.

Also, as mentioned, the ESC is a racing ESC, not waterproof and 2s to 4s only. No 6s option down the road if you wanted to upgrade.

i personally run only 4s, in dry climate and try to keep the rig as light as possible, so the combo would work for me. Still wanted to highlight those points for you before you pull the trigger.

Does it not come with one, or is it just the first to break most of the time?
Also, understood on the ESC motor, thanks for the feedback, see the previous post for more on that motor/esc combo.

Also i forgot to ask.
What motor would you buy and from where?
And what ESC would be reasonable and leave room for a 6s down the road?
And what is considered normal sized tires for these? I had the hardest time trying to find out?

Tekno really should post some "suggested build" items, sizes or something to give people a place to start from. It would probably help their sales tremendously if people had something to start with.

The stock servo horn is weak plastic that break instantly. The aluminum Tekno one is very nice and bomb proof.

Hobby wing max 8 combo, but it isn't sensor. I think Castle creations may have waterproof sensor stuff.

3.8 is regular size tire. Just some are bigger than others. I think lots of people like Backflip LP for bashing.

The stock servo horn is weak plastic that break instantly. The aluminum Tekno one is very nice and bomb proof.

Hobby wing max 8 combo, but it isn't sensor. I think Castle creations may have waterproof sensor stuff.

3.8 is regular size tire. Just some are bigger than others. I think lots of people like Backflip LP for bashing.
Understood on all, thanks for the info.
I have been looking at castle stuff also, so i will look a bit closer.
Thanks

Question,
wouldn't you want the servo horn to break as opposed to transferring the impact to the servo itself?
Wouldn't it save wear and tear on the servo just to buy a few more stock horns?

Understood on all, thanks for the info.
I have been looking at castle stuff also, so i will look a bit closer.
Thanks

Question,
wouldn't you want the servo horn to break as opposed to transferring the impact to the servo itself?
Wouldn't it save wear and tear on the servo just to buy a few more stock horns?
That is why there is a servo saver, it will do it's job.

Castle makes the Mamba Monster X sensored esc that is waterproof https://www.castlecreations.com/en/mamba-monster-x-sm1515-2200-010-0145-03

That is why there is a servo saver, it will do it's job.

I wasn't sure what this was, but eventually found it by reading the MT410 instructions.
I see its part of the kit so i understand why adding an aluminum horn would be a good investment as advised.

Pardon my ignorance on this question, but is that something that is a part in the kit itself?
I am kind of assuming that is something that will become obvious during the build as to which part it is?
I looked up on google/youtube what it is, but i cant find anything confirming that the MT410 kit has one.
I can't find the part either.
Is this an extra part to add to the build kit?
Or am i just not finding it?

Last edited:
That servo basically needs it's own battery dang.
Naw, you just connect it to your lipo.
And i have actually decided to pick up a NitroPro 650 instead.
Similar specs, except it runs of BEC power.

I dont really mind the extra step of connecting power for the holmes hobby servo, but if i can get similar performance without the step, might as well.
Plus there seems to be a decent warranty program from NitroPro.

Naw, you just connect it to your lipo.
And i have actually decided to pick up a NitroPro 650 instead.
Similar specs, except it runs of BEC power.

I dont really mind the extra step of connecting power for the holmes hobby servo, but if i can get similar performance without the step, might as well.
Plus there seems to be a decent warranty program from NitroPro.
I'm cheap I just used the Savox servo the guy included with my roller and most of my other rigs are running Amazon cheapos :LOL:

That NtiroPro servo looks sick af though.
NP-FK-N650SND-IT-1__22791.1608331207.jpg

Last edited:
I got the mamba monster x with the 1515 motor on my mt410. You'll want to get the castle motor fan. The combo was a tight fit with the m2c braces which if you are a basher you will ultimately get. I just bent my rear shock tower and the new super thick m2c shock towers (front and back) and on their way to me :) you'll also want to check out tbone racing for some wheelie bars and front bumper. Enjoy the build, take your time, I wanna build another it was so much freaking fun!

I got the mamba monster x with the 1515 motor on my mt410. You'll want to get the castle motor fan. The combo was a tight fit with the m2c braces which if you are a basher you will ultimately get. I just bent my rear shock tower and the new super thick m2c shock towers (front and back) and on their way to me :) you'll also want to check out tbone racing for some wheelie bars and front bumper. Enjoy the build, take your time, I wanna build another it was so much freaking fun!
Yeahhhhh, i won't even start on option parts for now.
Thats a long road. haha
I'll replace it as a break it, and look at upgrades as i go.
M2C will probably get a nice chunk of change from me over the upcoming years.

Building the toys is as much fun sometimes as playing with them.
I also plan on adding a spare FPV cam to this and using a headset for a drivers viewpoint at times.
Either for me as driver, or for others while i tear around. Should be fun.
Eventually i also plan to add a servo (or tie it into the existing) so that the FPV cam will look the direction the tires turn also.
Thats down the road a month or two at least though.
But i have the spare FPV components around, might as well have some fun with it.

Yeahhhhh, i won't even start on option parts for now.
Thats a long road. haha
I'll replace it as a break it, and look at upgrades as i go.
M2C will probably get a nice chunk of change from me over the upcoming years.

Building the toys is as much fun sometimes as playing with them.
I also plan on adding a spare FPV cam to this and using a headset for a drivers viewpoint at times.
Either for me as driver, or for others while i tear around. Should be fun.
Eventually i also plan to add a servo (or tie it into the existing) so that the FPV cam will look the direction the tires turn also.
Thats down the road a month or two at least though.
But i have the spare FPV components around, might as well have some fun with it.
I had the same idea in mind when it comes to upgrades. Most reviews say these trucks are really tough so I figured I buy things as I need them. I've been beating on mine for a few days now using a 4092 motor and so far so good.

I had the same idea in mind when it comes to upgrades. Most reviews say these trucks are really tough so I figured I buy things as I need them. I've been beating on mine for a few days now using a 4092 motor and so far so good.
Mind if i ask which 4092 motor?

Recent Popular Liked

Back