• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mounting tires, front left, front right. Do you keep it the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadWarrior

Reaction score
I have a question about tires. Once you mount the tires and run them a few times to you keep them in the same position? For example, front left, front right, rear left, rear right. Do you mark where they came from and put them back the same way?

Many pros will mark their wheels and place each wheel back in the exact same position to ensure consistent wear.

I have adapted to running a less aggressive tread pattern on the front along with a harder compound so it's easier for me to know which wheels go on front/rear, doesn't really matter to me if I swap left/right, but with this strategy I tend to go through 2 full sets of rear tires for every 1 full set of front tires to make racing a little more cost effective, having less grippy tires up front also makes my car a lot easier to drive ;)

I mark the direction of rotation after mounting so I can maintain the same positions. You can look at tread wear to get an idea of how your suspension settings are working for you by keeping them on the same corners. I'll switch left to right at about 50% wear to get a little more "bite" and life with the wear pattern I see. I think the type of tread, what you run and where play a role but most everyone's situation will vary.

Play with it, experiment, see what you learn and let us know what works for you.

Another thing I like to do is recycle my foam inserts, I'll only run new inserts in the rear to get more rear stability, and then run old inserts up front which helps balance the grip while keeping costs down ;)

I'll cut the old treads off with a hobby knife to pull the inserts out, then submerge the wheels in a sealed tupperware bowl filled with acetone for a few days, then the beads will peel off effortlessly, wheels can last indefinitely provided you don't strip out the hex or crack a wheel in cold weather.

For long term storage, I'll pour the used acetone in a sealed jar and strain it with a coffee filter, eventually so much glue dissolves into the acetone that it begins to lose it effectiveness after a while, maybe after 10-20 sets of wheels?

8112452401_3bd8c65e8c_c.jpg

8112460404_cdf3805314_c.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back