• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mounting servo, grommets or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBuzz

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I have just received my servo from china, I have bought a AGF A80BHMW, the question is should I mount it using the grommets or just hard mount using the tabs, as I have seen people doing both, what’s the pros and cons to each?

grommets are intended for aircraft/boats when screwing into wood to prevent vibration from working the screws out, since we are screwing into plastic/metal there is no need for rubber grommets in this application.

I have just received my servo from china, I have bought a AGF A80BHMW, the question is should I mount it using the grommets or just hard mount using the tabs, as I have seen people doing both, what’s the pros and cons to each?

Less us know how it works for you!

Edit: that is a feature rich, yet rather pricey servo. You can get a decent Savox brushless servo for almost the same price (although not with the same specs). Curious to what made you choose AGF?

Last edited:
Less us know how it works for you!

Edit: that is a feature rich, yet rather pricey servo. You can get a decent Savox brushless servo for almost the same price (although not with the same specs). Curious to what made you choose AGF?

The servo is cheap, cost me around £46 direct from China, could not see many other options around that price point

Yes sir, I absolutely love these AGF servos, by far the smoothest servo I have owned to date, I also run the shorty servo in my PR Racing 401R-T , these servos are legit!

@Billl DeLong have you installed this servo in a Tekno vehicle, I installed it today but it seems to high when mounted and the linkage between the servo arm and servo saver rubs on the servo case

have just shimmed it using an extra washer on the servo saver arm

Last edited:
fits like a glove in my SCT410.3, hardware assembled per the instructions, nothing extra necessary:

49490946602_a2b627873f_h.jpg

only just hits on full lock to the right, does the angle on the link look right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 242
I just raced last night and haven't had the chance to clean my truck so apologize for all the dirt, but here's a quick video demonstrating how mine is working, I noticed that you don't have the spacer on top like the manual recommends though not sure how that will effect your alignment:

I just raced last night and haven't had the chance to clean my truck so apologize for all the dirt, but here's a quick video demonstrating how mine is working, I noticed that you don't have the spacer on top like the manual recommends though not sure how that will effect your alignment:

maybe my manual is an old version, shows no spacers on the top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 279
I stand corrected, looks like that's why my link is more parallel than yours, ha!

I don't see any need for the spacer below the ball link when using the aluminum servo horn ;)

Recent Popular Liked

Back