• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Mongoose's ET48.3 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I imbed it here or do I need to create a YouTube account?
We don't have the ability to host videos, so you'll need to upload it to Youtube or Vimeo first then paste the video link here.

Alright, I ground my center brace down a bit with my dremel to allow me to run a 15T pinion. I’m going to run it tomorrow and hopefully my temps will be cooler. I will also get a video so you can hear the gear noise I’m talking about.

I’m loving the Backflips. I haven’t been on a surface that I haven’t liked them on. I highly recommend them. Tons of grip, even in tall grass and they wear great.

Since my last post I added a WTF Windy Fan using their bracket. I had to stretch the bracket a little bit to get it around the can but it’s a good fit and doesn’t move. It’s seen some hard hits and plenty of gnarley rolls and it’s held great. I only have the one on the back of the can but it keeps the whole motor cool and an even temp. The rear of the can was always the hottest and now the whole motor is about the same temp front to back.

The front is still making the noise so I ordered another diff case, pinion and bearings for it in case it goes out. I’ve shimmed it and all that so I’m done worrying about it. I’m going to bash it until it won’t bash anymore and then replace it if it comes to that.

Here’s some pics.

Edit - on a 85 degree and humid day my motor temps stay about 130 when running full out in tall grass and hard acceleration. I try to never apply the brake though.

A71304E9-E096-4262-9C96-79BD61B54380.jpeg
9A3B22B2-F53B-4BFC-9672-28647266136D.jpeg
EC497F3B-6037-45F3-B107-285919CF517E.jpeg
B34B073C-B59C-46FF-AC7F-4BAF857EBF80.jpeg

Thanks @Slevin it seems to be doing well now that I can run it cooler. It has plenty of power. Easiest way and only way I know how to compare it is to my Kraton. The ET on 4S would smoke the Kraton on 4S but I think that has a lot to do with it running a 15T pinion over the Kraton 12T and being lighter. I know it accelerates alot faster than the Kraton too.

Lectron Pro 7600mah 2S and 3S packs. For some reason when I run 5S (2S and 3S) pack my 2S discharges more than the 3S. They have the same discharge rate and mah....they are the same batteries just different cell counts. Both 2S packs discharge evenly when I run 4S though.

So, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here but the truck seems to be running well. The WTF fan I added really moves a lot of air and seemed to help quite a bit back in the summer. I would recommend it. Eventually I would like to design and fan shroud for it and print it.

The WTF fan I added really moves a lot of air and seemed to help quite a bit back in the summer.
How does that fan seem to be holding up? There is a member over at ArrmaForum that was having issues with the guts falling out after large jumps.

He ended up making a custom fan mount that supported the bottom side of the fan to prevent it from falling apart.

It seems to be holding up pretty well but I haven’t been too hard on it in terms of high altitude landings but it has taken some fast tumbles and held up so far.

Fully supporting it is the best way to go. The only problem with that on the Tekno is there really isn’t a whole lot of room in there.

Just looked this over and noticed the motor was loose. After inspecting it, the end cap screws are loose. I think I’m just going to swap the motor to something new. I’ve been out for a little bit...what are the motors everyone is talking about now?

Just looked this over and noticed the motor was loose. After inspecting it, the end cap screws are loose. I think I’m just going to swap the motor to something new. I’ve been out for a little bit...what are the motors everyone is talking about now?
I recently just bought a goolrc 4076 2000kv motor but it is taking forever to get here. It cost me $35 with free shipping. Shipping from China so that is why it is taking forever.

But as far as brands go, they really haven’t changed.

Tore my rig apart tonight to clean it and check the diffs...turns out that noise I was hearing in the front was because I it needed 3 shims on cup side and none on the other. She’s as smooth as butter now.

Also, loud shout out to Tekno for their superior plastics!

Swapped the dual connectors on the MMX for a single Amass XT90 connector.

I didn’t realize this until I went to push the collar on but the negative lead isn’t quite straight, it’s just a hair off and made snapping the collar in very difficult. I really don’t want to have to tear it all apart, cut the heatshrink and resolder it buts bugging me.

It should be good right? I mean I pulled on both leads pretty hard and they have a good connection and they were good solder connections....nice and shiny.

@Overkill @TBuggy @Slevin what do you guys think?

As long as you are confidant in the connection itself then it will be fine. Maybe if there is any metal exposed then wrap it in heat shrink or electrical tape, but your probably good.

Thanks @TBuggy, there isn’t any metal exposed but it isn’t seated perfectly in the terminal. The positive side slid up into the terminal cup perfectly and so did the negative side, but I smashed it level with the terminal half (if that makes sense) and when I did it bent the wire and it doesn’t enter the terminal completely straight. If I were to guess, there is probably a portion of the wire not touching the end of the terminal by .005”-.010”. That is the part that worries me. BUT, it seems like a good connection. I plugged a battery into it and turned the ESC on and all seemed fine but haven’t ran it yet.

Ok @TBuggy and @Overkill @whoever else that can help.

Ran it for the first time tonight on 4S. It seemed to run fine, no issues until I checked the cells in my battery. Now, for whatever reason this MMX has always drained my batteries unevenly, the same batteries drain level in my other RC’s but I thought this was extreme.

Could a bad connection cause the cells to drain unevenlylike this?

679ED3A4-D470-41C9-BCE4-84B7FB0A9413.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back