• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

M410 first build help….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaudexCollector

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the RC world and was thinking about building a basher for my son and I…and came across the M410. As I am a total newbie, any recommended build lists to get us started and going? I saw the recommended must haves and plan to add those. We need everything down to the tools…I am not sure where to start. Thanks!

Hi,

I would have a look at the instructions: https://www.teknorc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/MT410instructions.pdf

375D690E-2B29-43AE-9530-1AED9499CA96.jpeg

The only absolutely mandatory upgrade is the aluminum servo horn. (I may get some hate for writing this 😆)

For the tools, it’s really only the hex drives and nut drivers. Assuming you have basic stuff like pliers already.

I would start looking at lipo battery care. Most with the MT410 would run 4S systems. You'll learn what that means. Here's the entrance to the rabbit hole. Watch several as they may overlap but will touch on different minor points.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rc+car+lipo+battery+basics+

This may be an unpopular opinion but I’m not sure I would recommend starting the rc hobby with a kit build. I think you would be better off starting with a lesser expensive rtr car and making sure this is a hobby you really enjoy before taking on a full build. You will learn a lot building a kit from scratch and the Tekno kits are really fun to both build and run. It’s pretty easy to be well over double the kit cost into a vehicle and that doesn’t include batteries, charger and tools. I started with a bunch of Arrma rc’s before I jumped into building a kit. The Tekno’s are higher quality than the Arrma counterparts but it also comes with a higher price tag.

Reactions: nub
I've suggested the same as a2lowvw above about going rtr to see if the hobby holds your interest before jumping into a kit and yes, people will argue against it. You could potentially buy 2 rtr's for the price of building the kit so both father and son have a toy to play together with.

I agree RTR is the way to go first. I hate to say it, but Traxxas has very good RTR,s and almost every hobby shop in the country would have parts for it. It would be an easy start-up, with great support for parts, and you are off and running quickly. Building kits can be frustrating

I’m going to go against advice given. I highly recommend building a kit for your first RC. IMO by building it, you learn how it all goes together and works. And if anything breaks, you will know how to fix it. Upgrading parts is also easier if you built the kit. But I think building it half the fun and increases that itch to go drive it. That being said, the MT410 is a beast and may not be the best first RC. I don’t think I would have been able to handle it (power and size) when I started. It’s pricey compared to Traxxas, arrma, tamiya etc but the quality is so much better too. A cheaper kit won’t be as much investment incase you don’t get hooked or don’t enjoy the hobby. Cheaper kits are also cheaper to fix when you crash it. Whatever you choose, “Welcome to the family!”

I've suggested the same as a2lowvw above about going rtr to see if the hobby holds your interest before jumping into a kit and yes, people will argue against it. You could potentially buy 2 rtr's for the price of building the kit so both father and son have a toy to play together with.

I agree. An Associated Rival MT10 RTR can be had for $340 or less. Two of them could be had for less than the cost of completing one MT410.

If the bug takes hold, building an MT410 (or two) together would be great down the road.

If one wants to learn how the cars are built and how to work on them, no better way than to build a kit. You learn shocks, diff build, oil selection etc. If your son has the interest, build it together. Great bonding time and both will learn so much on how to repair and take care of most rc cars.

If one wants to learn how the cars are built and how to work on them, no better way than to build a kit. You learn shocks, diff build, oil selection etc. If your son has the interest, build it together. Great bonding time and both will learn so much on how to repair and take care of most rc cars.
I’m in total agreement 👍, I won’t buy RTR anymore. But…..for a newbie it can be a great learning experience to learn all the maintenance and rebuilding requirements of a RTR.

Recent Popular Liked

Back