• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Incident: loss of radio control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi all,

I had an incident today with my ET48.3 that scared the s... out of me.

I was very gently bashing the Truggy at the park with my kid. Doing gentle jumps on the ramp, nothing crazy. The radio suddenly stops responding and the Truggy goes straight (probable 50% throttle) until it gets stuck in a chain link fence (throttle still on). I got there just a few seconds later, removed the body and unplugged the battery to shut it down.

Damage is not too bad considering all things:
  • no human casualties, besides a good sweat
  • front left outdrive broke and that is probably it!

I immediately took it home and checked contacts at the Rx. Nothing obvious was discovered.

The problem is I do use that truck regularly in an urban environment and the thought of experiencing a radio control loss again if frightening. I have way to many people / much stuff around me to ignore the danger.

Questions to the forum members:
  • How common is this type of incidents?
  • Would you "just change the Rx" and get going? (I use a cheap / nevertheless quite good Radiolink RC4GS)
    • I know, the "you should have seen it coming with that cheap radio" comment is deserved. I should probably get that Sanwa MT-S I've been eyeing...
  • Any other thoughts?
All feedback is welcome!

This stuff is NOT that common anymore, these things can happen what caused it at the specific location is hard to say my friend. It was most likely not a connection issue, it does sound the fail safe was not setup properly if you are able to even set it up with that RX. For the cost of these RCs, I would put something a littler nicer in it. I AM NOT SAYING TOP OF THE LINE by any means just get ya something middle of the ground Futaba 3pv, i have read quite a bit of good things about Flysky. Been eye balling one for my son just for his basher.

If it was in an urban area. It could have been caused by one of the ever increasing number of devices that operate on 2.4ghz radio band. I have had a quadcopter lose connection when flying it closer to houses which was likely caused by WiFi routers causing interference.

I have a futaba 3PV radio system in my ET48.3 and never have any problems with it cutting out or going out of control. I would recommend that radio.

Last edited:
This stuff is NOT that common anymore, these things can happen what caused it at the specific location is hard to say my friend. It was most likely not a connection issue, it does sound the fail safe was not setup properly if you are able to even set it up with that RX. For the cost of these RCs, I would put something a littler nicer in it. I AM NOT SAYING TOP OF THE LINE by any means just get ya something middle of the ground Futaba 3pv, i have read quite a bit of good things about Flysky. Been eye balling one for my son just for his basher.

Just checked the fail safe setup and it is all zeros. No throttle or steer.

Also, switching off the Tx doesn't reproduce the reaction observed yesterday. Which makes me think it must have been some sort of interference.

Quick update:

Did a full reset of controller, checked fail safe... run the truggy again today and crashed again. This time the crash left me with almost everything bent (chassis, M2C brace, drive shafts...).

Lesson learned. Fixing the rig AND changing the radio.

Not sure if it is due to faulty radio or interferences. I am leaning towards faulty Rx, but it doesn't matter to me at that stage.

Recent Popular Liked

Back