• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How to run 6s MT410 TO ET48 Conversion ...Making diffs duarable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRIS4910

Reaction score
Hello all...TEKNO NEWBIE here. Looking for any advise on increasing differential durability in a converted MT410 to ET48. I would like to run 6s at times, ive heard spider gears dont stay to happy in these Diffs. Ive shimmed my Arrma stuff with good luck , but im seeing that the TEKNO diffs dont really offer much unwanted room for added shims. Appeciate any help with this you guys can offer. Thank you in advance....

• 1/10th Scale Four Wheel Drive Pro Monster Truck
  • Electric Powered. 4s to 6s LIPO
  • Best-in-class Durability and Wear
  • Hardened Steel and Aluminum Driveline
From Tekno webpage under the MT410 picture. Listed for 6s now. Go for it. Think you will need to adjust oils in diff's. Especially the center to keep all the power from going to the front wheels. Also may need to adjust shocks for the extra battery weight and speed. To me, 4s is a plenty to bash and have more speed than most can use unless in football field area. Biggest problem maybe ground clearance with the ET chassis and setup. Takes more air time to rotate the long chassis.

Sooo.. converting an MT410 to a ET 410 the components for the MT are good for 6S. Put them on a long chassis should be good for 6S as well. Did you look at the M2C long conversion kit to make the MT as long as the ET with all the good towers etc. Think that would be a smarter conversion over uses ET chassis and shorter shock towers. Have a M2C extended MT. What a blast on 4S. Cannot see it on 6S. To much speed and power.

There are a lot of threads on the extended MT410. Might look them over. The extended is a different driving experience. Both are a blast. Also used the updated center diff that offers some self locking on my extended. Seems to keep more power to ground. Very planted.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/tkr9115b-–-differential-case-and-new-internals.2737/

• 1/10th Scale Four Wheel Drive Pro Monster Truck
  • Electric Powered. 4s to 6s LIPO
  • Best-in-class Durability and Wear
  • Hardened Steel and Aluminum Driveline
From Tekno webpage under the MT410 picture. Listed for 6s now. Go for it. Think you will need to adjust oils in diff's. Especially the center to keep all the power from going to the front wheels. Also may need to adjust shocks for the extra battery weight and speed. To me, 4s is a plenty to bash and have more speed than most can use unless in football field area. Biggest problem maybe ground clearance with the ET chassis and setup. Takes more air time to rotate the long chassis.

Sooo.. converting an MT410 to a ET 410 the components for the MT are good for 6S. Put them on a long chassis should be good for 6S as well. Did you look at the M2C long conversion kit to make the MT as long as the ET with all the good towers etc. Think that would be a smarter conversion over uses ET chassis and shorter shock towers. Have a M2C extended MT. What a blast on 4S. Cannot see it on 6S. To much speed and power.

There are a lot of threads on the extended MT410. Might look them over. The extended is a different driving experience. Both are a blast. Also used the updated center diff that offers some self locking on my extended. Seems to keep more power to ground. Very planted.

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/tkr9115b-–-differential-case-and-new-internals.2737/
I will check out Tekno's site as well as the other post you sent. I actually got the M2C Extended Wide Body chassis for the Et 48 Mitch at M2C said all MT410 parts will bolt up. So im going for it. Thank you for the advise and links. I need all the help i can get with this build .

Tekno does offer shims. You can usually get 2 of them in if needed. Tolerances are already pretty good from the get-go.

Tekno does offer shims. You can usually get 2 of them in if needed. Tolerances are already pretty good from the get-go.
I did that conversion a couple years ago, but I ran it on 4s with 2200kv motor. 6s should be insanely fast.

I did an MT48 build with a HW Max6 combo and it’s pretty nuts. On paper it’s the fastest rc I own. However running it a couple weeks back the front diff started making noise. Couldn’t easily find the issue while out bashing. Continued to run it and after a weird landing where I grabbed throttle as soon as the truck hit the ground I broke the front bulkhead. The pinion gear pushed back out of the bulkhead and broke the retaining ring for the bearings out of the housing. I’m running a 24t pinion on a 1650kv motor so I have been expecting carnage. It has a problem keeping tires together.
EBC1CBE6-B13D-4904-BA49-F888870E2795.jpeg

46643962-A927-4EED-8657-5B2AF366063B.jpeg

I have a mt410 I converted it to a ET4.8 I run it on 6s with stick diffs never had a issue with the differentials.

I run my mt410 on 6s and my other mt410 that I converted to a electric truggy both 6s or 4s depends on how I feel and the gearing.

You just need to know how to drive the truck. Don't take off on heavy throttle take of easy and also when doing wheelies you don't want to hit the throttle a lot or the front wheels can spin a lot faster and that can also cause diff issues.

I’ve ran 6s on my now m2c gamechanger mt48 build exactly twice with the spektrum 2050kv motor 15/44 and a mmx6s esc. Both time’s ending badly with blown out rear gearboxes. The true solution is to get the aluminum housings. I run 4s hard on a 17/44 2200kv with absolutely zero diff issues. On the stock mt410 chassis the rear Center dogbone can collide with the pinion input shaft and push it in creating a loose tolerance and excessive wear. The solution is to shim the drive cup forward on the shaft thus creating the nessecary clearance. Obviously the longer mt48 doesn’t suffer that clearance issue.

On my mt410 6s melted the center differential. I upgraded to all metal Fioroni differentials and the m2c center go big brace kit. It is driven every day it’s dry outside jumps, backflips, and wheelies. I have not had any more problems with anything except the rubber staying on the wheels. The upgrades were 2 or 3 years ago.

Recent Popular Liked

Back