• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How to convert SCT410.3 into a Tekno DB48 desert buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Converting a Tekno SCT410.3 into a Tekno DB48 is one of the coolest conversions I've seen in a long time and certainly has me thinking about picking up a Tekno SCT410 and doing this myself. If you haven't seen this conversion yet, here are a couple pictures below.

The conversion is pretty straight forward and there aren't a lot of parts needed to make your SCT 410.3 into a desert buggy. It evens falls within all the rules for the 2.2" Unlimited class if you plan on racing it!

Parts needed to convert SCT410.3 into a Tekno DB48

TKR5601 – Tekno ET48.3 Chassis
TKR5362 – Chassis Brace Set
TKR5191 – Front Center Driveshaft
TKR5676 – Rear Center Driveshaft
TKR5112X – Differential Outdrives
TKR5075 – Differential Coupler (2x)

Body / Cage Parts:
89600 - Associated Nomad Cage
89608 - Associated Nomad Driver Cockpit
89609 - Associated Nomad Driver Helmets
Aluminum Sheet for body panels

This is @Chainsaw10's "DB410" as it still uses the SCT410 chassis and a Losi SCBE body.
tekno-db48-desert-buggy.jpg

Rich from RCN using the conversion parts listed above.
tekno-db48.jpg

Tekno DB48 1/8th Desert Buggy Build Videos

That is a super awesome conversion. Would love to do that one day. One of the nicest thing about Tekno is the multi-model parts compatibility. They aren't the only ones but it is nice to be able to transform a short course truck to something completely different with minimal parts. I'm wanting to get the longer chassis for my MT410 just for fun this summer.

Hey @Chainsaw10, how did you mount the Losi body to your "DB410"?

This is the thread I've been looking for. Definitely a rig I want to build in the near future.

IF the 4WD SCT class in my area completely dies off, then I will definitely do this conversion!

Right now our SCT class is just hanging on by a thread with only 4-6 entries each week... the class used to be up to a C Main full of entries!

To those who have done this, will it work with the original SCT410? or do the different shock towers of the .3 work better?

Not cheap but an option for a conversion with 2.2-17mm Hex wheels

Motoworx 2.2 17mm Hex

Wow ! Awesome! I was really hoping someone was going to start making 17mm /2.2 wheels!!
I’m going to try my best to resist buying these...but I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out for long:)

To those who have done this, will it work with the original SCT410? or do the different shock towers of the .3 work better?

I’m not really sure of the differences between the two SC410 versions, but I’m sure it can be done. Overall size of the two trucks are probably the same.

Wow ! Awesome! I was really hoping someone was going to start making 17mm /2.2 wheels!!
I’m going to try my best to resist buying these...but I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out for long:)

I had the 1.9's on my first scx10 and they were jewelry. THe machining an tolerances were spot on and worth every penny. The 3.8 were way way way too expensive so i passed on buying them for any builds i had planned. I was lucky enough to get my Motoworx 3.8's in a package deal with some Twin Force axles i am using for my 1/6 Scale crawler build. Still the same quality but massive. Don't like spending others $$ but of they fit the bill and you have the bills i wouldn't hesitate.

1st pic is 3.8 then 2.2 and then 1.9

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 801
Has anyone here built the db48 using different hubs, I know Rich @RCN uses the vanquish hubs.

That is super cool. Would be fun to drive. For me, 3.8s are a bit large so I would want to go a little smaller. All preference on that, I suppose.

For what it is worth, Pete at Fierce i hear may have a kit bundle in the works for this conversion.... I am not affiliated with him but i have done a bit of business with him.

Every time I see this, I'm tempted to sell my EB410 in order to build one of these.

If my SCT410.3 roller doesn't sell I'm most likely gonna just do the conversion to it. Don't really need it, but it's so tempting:)

Recent Popular Liked

Back