• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

First real bash session and it didn't even last 3 mins!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimaRC

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Well I took my ET48 2.0 out today for a quick ramp session, and 3 or 4 jumps in, I landed on the rear of the chassis and clean snapped my center to rear drive shaft in half! I was quite surprised at how easy it broke, yeah it was my fault entirely, but I was shocked how much these chassis flex, the braces seem to only be there for racing and don't offer much in stiffness for bashing. I'm amazed at how much the drive shaft bent before it snapped, the front shaft was bent to, but I've straightened that out already. I had the second kit so I stole the driveshaft I need and ordered a replacement, YouTube video coming soon...
20210707_153814.jpg
20210707_153433.jpg

Last edited:
If you want a basher, go buy the MT410 and put all the M2C upgrades into it... truck won't perform well on a track, but it will do wheelies for days, jump like a champ and rolling back flips.

I was looking for a replacement for my Talion, which is a fast nibble and fairly robust RC straight out of the box. I thought this might be a good option, as it is agile, it jumps beautifully, it is very fast, extremely stable, it just might not be as tough as I thought it could be.

Some of the footage I've seen made me think it was a solid bit of kit. I do know how to break a car, I've had a lot of practice, so I wasn't under any illusions in what to expect. I'm not new to jumping RC cars, and it is one of those things, I could have made that jump 100 times and it would have been fine, it was just the exact angle and speed it hit the ground that sent the right amount of force through the chassis to do this.

I wasn't complaining, I admit it was my fault, just surprised I could snap a driveshaft like that. If you were to look at the footage, the jump wasn't all that big, I've launched a lot of RCs over 100ft(this jump might have been 30ft if that) and haven't had this happen, even on a bad landing, I've bent many driveshafts, never snapped one clean in half.

This truck as it was designed is a track car, that is what I bought it for first, but I loved it so much I bought a second kit for fun and bashing. I've jumped it heaps at home off the same ramps with no issues at all. This time was just a little further and it was a really tail heavy landing, if I can get a set of aluminium chassis braces, I think it would be okay.

I turned to Tekno because I was sick of spending a fortune on beefier aftermarket parts only to make the cars handle badly, I wanted a light weight basher that I could still enjoy driving, not just a brick on wheels.

About the MT410, I don't usually like swb cars and the MT410 would end up being built the same way as what I already have in so many of my rigs, which is overweight and then with the need to be overpowered. To me that YouTube clip is just really aiming to destroy a car, I don't drive or expect to be able to drive an rc like that and it not break. Yeah it might be fun for a bit, but even the toughest rc won't stand up to that abuse over and over.

I think if I run the ET48 2.0 on 4s and keep the weight down it will be fine, I was running 6s and made an over correction bringing the nose up, which slammed the rear until the ground.

Last edited:
I hear you... any brand of car will break if you wreck at the worst possible angle.

Learning how to jump and land properly is a valuable skill that will save you a small fortune by not having expensive repairs.

The older generation TEKNO's have more aftermarket support for the bashers with aluminum braces, etc...

Might take a while before aftermarket upgrades are available on the 2.0 series.

This sort of thing is certainly going to be an issue until M2c and the likes start too release basher upgraded parts for these new rigs.

I don't doubt they are already working on it! But the wait is always painful. :cool:

A couple braces and it'll hold up to those types of crashes. You could make your own while we wait for M2C to start releasing parts.

Breakages like that just happen sometimes. Probably won't happen again lol. Especially once you get accustomed to running it on 6s.

A couple braces and it'll hold up to those types of crashes. You could make your own while we wait for M2C to start releasing parts.

Breakages like that just happen sometimes. Probably won't happen again lol. Especially once you get accustomed to running it on 6s.
Yeah, I'm working on modifying I typhon brace at the moment to fit in the rear.

I usually run 6s Arrma vehicles, but this setup is so sensitive to any throttle inputs, I think it's because it's so well balanced, it doesn't take much to move it. I was running it with Katars which usually don't have much in the way of air control, but the quick spool up sure makes it easy to rotate the car. I don't even have the punch set high.

I think this being lighter and more agile means it needs much less input to get a response, I just need more wheel time and it will come to me.

I've repurposed an old tbone racing rear bumper now too, it may have helped a bit to cushion the landing. I'll get back out there today and do some more practice.
Screenshot_20210708-093812_Gallery.jpg

I finished off adapting this Typhon front brace to the rear of the chassis, there is still a lot of flex through the center between the battery tray and the rear brace, especially between the front of the center diff mount and the rear of the center diff mount, but I hope this helps, along with the rear bumper I fitted.

20210708_142659.jpg
20210708_142624.jpg
20210708_142615.jpg
20210708_142606.jpg
20210708_143313.jpg
20210708_142505.jpg

There is loads of clearance.

Here is a link to the video of the bad landing

M2c has rear chassis brace and front top plate available now in the picture for the top plate you can also see it has a prototype m2c chassis on the car. I made my own brace using Arrma parts and a ALL racing top plate and can do 100 ft jumps all day long without bending the driveshafts and it still keeps the car light.
FE4B3FEA-F730-4F09-B396-A52C47EEC42F.jpeg
305A2A17-4C29-42D2-AAF6-77B93BEC3349.jpeg

M2c has rear chassis brace and front top plate available now in the picture for the top plate you can also see it has a prototype m2c chassis on the car. I made my own brace using Arrma parts and a ALL racing top plate and can do 100 ft jumps all day long without bending the driveshafts and it still keeps the car light.View attachment 7200View attachment 7201
Very cool mate, I'll have to work on something for this truck, I took my race built one to the track today and it was flawless, now I just need to follow your lead and reinforce my basher. Thanks for the update buddy!

Recent Popular Liked

Back