• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48.4 to SCT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cnemie

Reaction score
Hello:

I want to build an EB48.4 and use a standard SCT body/bumpers/styling. Has anybody done this already? What do I need to make it work? I feel like the EB car is a more up to date and stronger platform. Thoughts?

Technically, you can do it by just buying the body posts and slap on a SCT body, but the buggy arms are a pinch longer and you'll run into some body rub with the tires on most SCT bodies, if you want to do it right then it will be cheaper to sell the buggy and buy a used SCT410. I have broken far more parts on my EB48.4 than I have ever broken on my SCT410.1 so there is a misconception that the buggy is more durable, they share almost all the same parts along the center drive train, main reason why the SCT is more durable is because the shorter arms have less leverage of force on impact and have more protection with front/rear bumpers and wheels are enclosed. Main trade off is that SCT bodies tend to get banged up more quickly to where maintenance costs are about a wash between buggy parts vs SCT body replacement costs.

Great info. I don’t currently have an EB48.4, but I am going to build one soon....like real soon.

If I get bored with the buggy I might try and run a short course body.

I just tried test fitting some parts and the rear SCT body mounts will fit the front tower on the buggy, but you'll need to cut the front mounts and put an extra set of screws/nuts to get them to fit on the rear tower of the buggy... or replace the rear tower/shocks with the SCT tower/shocks... many different ways to go about it.

Thanks again. Buggy ordered. I do have a question. My research suggests the EB series is closer to the ET drivetrain than the SCT. The SCT and the SL were very similar, but the EB uses ET parts. Am I mistaken?

I think it will be a fun car either way. I know E-Buggy is really popular and people are doing all kinds of things with them--GT/DB, etc. And thanks again for the input.

I suppose it comes down to what size wheels you want to run, the SCT comes with 12mm hexes and smaller axles where the EB/ET come with larger axles on 17mm hex... I'm still running the same shafts that came with my SCT410.1 which is 7+ years old... all the out drives are the same age too... secret is to replace the pins on the out drives at the first hint of any flat spots starting to form:
Pin Replacement Tools

Turning an eBug (waiting for the EB48 2.0 to come out) into a SCT platform is my plan as well. That is, if I get tired of running a 1/8 scale buggy. I'm this >< close to just buying the SCT410.3 and saying the heck with it. The only thing stopping me is lack of quick access diffs on the SCT410.3 :confused:.

I never converted mine. The eBuggy turned out to be too much fun. The SCT is five years old, so there has got to be something on the horizon. I will gladly buy an updated SCT and the EB 2.0 when they finally get here.

I considered converting because an SCT is what I originally started looking for when I found my EB. But when I saw how closely the EB body fits the chassis, I have mostly scrapped the idea. My Slash get so full of dirt and rocks during a run, I assume this is common amoung all SCT.

I guess I could double-body it but that seems like a PITA - and I am not needing to meet any class requirements anyway.

Hello again.

I am back on this project. I bought the MT410 towers, bumpers and body mounts to attach the body. It is a 95% fit. The rear D blocks are different, but I made it work. The holes line up, but the mounting faces are different: one is counter sunk and the other chamfered. Still darn close.

I want to keep the standard 1/8 buggy wheels and tires. I am currently using an SC10 parts pull body I bought off Amazon. As expected I am fighting a high body versus body rub.

I realize this thing will handle horribly, weigh a ton, and thrash bodies every trip, but I think it will look cool when finished.

My question.... does anyone know if the SCT410.3 side guards (the main trays) will fit the EB48.4 chassis?

Thanks.

Joseph
F9FBC8EB-9BFB-4A4F-9FAB-23943C6C421D.jpeg

I run a very similar setup based on an EB48.2, which has the same towers as the MT410 or SCT410. So that made my project very easy. The thing handles awesome.

Starting with the EB48.4, you may have been better off buying the Arrma Outcast body posts and fitting them on the EB towers by just drilling the towers. Cheap and essy.

D3C68DF9-F84C-47CE-A042-4E51D3E8CA18.png

Hello again.

I am back on this project. I bought the MT410 towers, bumpers and body mounts to attach the body. It is a 95% fit. The rear D blocks are different, but I made it work. The holes line up, but the mounting faces are different: one is counter sunk and the other chamfered. Still darn close.

I want to keep the standard 1/8 buggy wheels and tires. I am currently using an SC10 parts pull body I bought off Amazon. As expected I am fighting a high body versus body rub.

I realize this thing will handle horribly, weigh a ton, and thrash bodies every trip, but I think it will look cool when finished.

My question.... does anyone know if the SCT410.3 side guards (the main trays) will fit the EB48.4 chassis?

Thanks.

JosephView attachment 5685
On my EB48.4 SCT conversation

I never tried the side trays. I run the proline bash body it’s nice and strong no need for the side bumpers. And for now to keep the dirt out of electronics I Velcro a buggy body to the chassis
633C3526-415E-4D87-9F61-66A987416D71.jpeg

Yes the side guards will fit the .4. They are a good addition for the SCT because you can install the air dams on them and this helps reduce "parachuting" when going off a jump.

On my EB48.4 SCT conversation

I never tried the side trays. I run the proline bash body it’s nice and strong no need for the side bumpers. And for now to keep the dirt out of electronics I Velcro a buggy body to the chassis View attachment 5687
Very nice. Is that just the regular Flo-Tek bash body or the monster tires version? Looks like a good fit. I might get one of those. Part number? Thanks.

Yes the side guards will fit the .4. They are a good addition for the SCT because you can install the air dams on them and this helps reduce "parachuting" when going off a jump.
Great. I am going to install those as well. I need to add more weight for sure. Haha.

Very nice. Is that just the regular Flo-Tek bash body or the monster tires version? Looks like a good fit. I might get one of those. Part number? Thanks.
P/N 3498-15

it’s the ( monster slash ) to be used with MT tires

has the lager wheel arches and I have no rubbing issues

Recent Popular Liked

Back