• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 Electronics Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just rebuilt a buggy a few days ago and went with Castle and a generic Truggy can I had laying around. If I had to do it again, I would just do the castle combo. You can save a few bucks by getting an ebay non-sensored motor if you wanted to.
Radio wise, I run Sanwa, Futaba and Radiolink. My favorite is the Sanwa with the RX-482 built-in antenna. I’m not a very sophisticated driver and like the simplicity of this Tx and the absence of a tube through the body! I have the MT-S, that is their entry range.
I love the Sanwa MT-S. I couldn't ask for a better middle class radio in that sub $200 price range. I'll probably never use a lot of the features that are found on the radio. When I was shopping, I was looking for a transmitter comparable to my very faithful Futaba 3PM. Having choices of Sanwa compatible receivers with built-in antenna was the icing on the cake. I ultimately decided to jump on one deal that didn't include any receivers.

I love the Sanwa MT-S. I couldn't ask for a better middle class radio in that sub $200 price range. I'll probably never use a lot of the features that are found on the radio. When I was shopping, I was looking for a transmitter comparable to my very faithful Futaba 3PM. Having choices of Sanwa compatible receivers with built-in antenna was the icing on the cake. I ultimately decided to jump on one deal that didn't include any receivers.

Yup thats what Ive ordered - the Sanwa MT-S. It should do me perfectly fine!! lol

Mannnnnn........this delivery/shortage situation is so annoying!!

All my other bits are sitting ready to be sent to me - just waiting for the kit!!!!

FINALLY!!

EB48 2.0's in stock and mine has shipped, at long last!!!!!

FINALLY!!!
Now I can start my own build thread!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpg
    IMG_2076.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_2077.jpg
    IMG_2077.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_2078.jpg
    IMG_2078.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_2079.jpg
    IMG_2079.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 413
Built bags A and B today (all diffs)..
Been documenting in detail. Will start a build thread soon aimed at complete beginners ;)

Completed my build today!
Still need to install all my electronics, but the kit is complete. No issues whatsoever.
Took plenty of pics for a full detailed write up. Coming as soon as I get some time!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9275.JPG
    IMG_9275.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 414
Just interested to see in which order do you generally install electronics.....

Do you start with getting the motor and ESC into place, then the receiver and then the servo last (since it needs to be powered and centred etc)?
Or do you get the motor and ESC connected to the receiver, then power and set up, before anything else?

Just interested to see in which order do you generally install electronics.....

Do you start with getting the motor and ESC into place, then the receiver and then the servo last (since it needs to be powered and centred etc)?
Or do you get the motor and ESC connected to the receiver, then power and set up, before anything else?
Servo installed on the mount, then servo assembly put on the chassis. Then I like to install the motor loosely on the mount so I can see how I want the esc to be oriented. Next I place the esc (just resting it, no tape yet) in the orientation I like, if I can solder the motor/esc in the car I will tape the esc now, if not I will put leads on the esc outside the car and then tape it to the tray. I then install the rx box bottom and tape the rx in. Install the mudguard and route the servo and esc wires through the guides and into the rx box. Solder up the motor and you're basically done.

Servo installed on the mount, then servo assembly put on the chassis. Then I like to install the motor loosely on the mount so I can see how I want the esc to be oriented. Next I place the esc (just resting it, no tape yet) in the orientation I like, if I can solder the motor/esc in the car I will tape the esc now, if not I will put leads on the esc outside the car and then tape it to the tray. I then install the rx box bottom and tape the rx in. Install the mudguard and route the servo and esc wires through the guides and into the rx box. Solder up the motor and you're basically done.

Perfect - haven't had time to get all my electronics in just yet but your method seems like a solid route to take.

@Ifti how have you got on with the electronics. Was looking at the SCT version as it's a bit smaller, but I can get a combo kit of the plus with the HW motor. https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-xerun-combo-xr8-plus-4268-b-1900kv/rc-car-products/420928

Stock shortage everywhere!

Does the plus version fit well?

Yes, all fits perfectly - like it was made to measure!
Even managed to get the power switch to the other side, just behind the battery tray.
My soldering isn't great, but its attached and all works! lol

got mine from RPRCDistribution and came for £249 - so a bit cheaper. Not sure if they have stock at the moment or not though.....

I also picked up the WiFi Express module (had some Amazon.com vouchers) which makes the setup and changing settings nice and easy - highly recommend it!

I have a video showing the electronics setup up close - keep an eye on my build thread for it!
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/tekno-eb48-2-0-complete-video-build-guide.1658/

Attachments

• IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 452
  • Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 14.23.13.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 14.23.13.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 497
Cheers folks.

Looks like I either buy the SCT version and wait for the HW motor to come in stock, or go for the plus model with motor kit that is in stock.

The SCT is meant to be newer/better I think. In what ways I do not know.

How do I set the steering endpoints on the MT-S?

So this is my electronics set up.

Soldering is not my strong point. But they all seem attached!

Guess I wait to see if any break...

Servo is getting scratched by the horn. And also I'm not convinced turns left as much as right. My EPA are reduced to 75% on the left on the transmitter to stop it hitting the stop screw. Not an issue with the right side.

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_172245.jpg
    IMG_20200610_172245.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 415
Servo is getting scratched by the horn. And also I'm not convinced turns left as much as right. My EPA are reduced to 75% on the left on the transmitter to stop it hitting the stop screw. Not an issue with the right side.

What do you mean when you say "...to stop it hitting the stop screw." ? Where exactly is it hitting? You should be able to achieve max throw in both directions. 75% EPA sounds too low for any transmitter, especially when using the inside hole on our servo horn.
If for some reason the servo horn is too low for your servo, you can space the horn up with a washer/shim/spacer so that it no longer hits the servo body.

@Matthew_Armeni

Will get a washer.

As for hitting..... Its here....

I've no clue, I've moved the servo arm to the inside hole and that improved stuff, but I've got an EPA 100% for the other side and EPA 75% for this side to stop the hitting.

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_201312.jpg
    IMG_20200610_201312.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 335

Recent Popular Liked

Back