• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diff cracking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke Huber

Reaction score
Just built a tekno e Truggy 2.0, my rear diff makes a loud cracking noise when accelerating fast on the ground but not in the air. This causes there to be less torque because it seems something is slipping. I thought it was a blown spur gear so I replaced but it started happening again. I’d be so thankful if someone could tell me what is causing this and how to avoid it.

just a guess, but I would check the bulkhead for cracks, they are a known weak point, though typically the front bulkheads are more common to break.

Try shimming the ring gear closer to the pinion. The case can flex and allow the gears to "skip" if they don't mesh deep enough. I had the same issue on my ET.

During my recent ET48 2.0 build , mine felt good with one shim in each diff , hope that is enough .

I put two shims and it worked great for a little but the problem is happening again

Once the ring and pinion gears start to strip out there's not much that can be done to save them unless you fix the mesh immediately at the first sign of skipping. I would replace them as soon as possible with a new set and when you install the new gears adjust the mesh so that they're slightly on the tighter side. The gears will wear in and free up after a couple of runs.
If you have any other broken Tekno parts I would send them all in together for warranty.

Recent Popular Liked

Back