• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 Diff Fluid Weights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phm14

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
I'm ready to build my ET48 2.0, originally bought for track. I will probably bash it around a bit, running anyhing from Minokawas, to larger 3.8 RTR tires. My question is would you advise heavier diff fluid with larger (than race truggy) tires, than kit spec? If so, what would you start with? I'll be running a HW Max 8/2250 kV combo, in moderate to warm temps.

Generally you want to start with a base setup and then make tuning adjustments to suit your needs with the following principals in mind:

1710020288518.png

That's good info, Bill. Thanks for posting. Since this is a race truggy, I expect the kit diff fluid, to be optimized, for track & track wheels. I was under the impression that weights are usually higher, for "bashing", especially when running larger diameter, heavier tires. I figure I'll get used to the truck a bit, running it around the neighborhood some. I may just start with the kit stuff. 20K-F/20K-C/10K-R is way lighter than what you would hear recommended for trucks like a 4s or 6s Kraton. Just upped the center diff oil to 500K in my 6s Kraton. Some run 1 million in the center...

You won't know what changes to make (if any) without testing the new wheels to see how they react.

I've been working with a racer over the past few weeks who was very stubborn and was running far too thick of fluids in his diffs and he finally took my advice yesterday and went with thinner fluids and he was shocked at how much easier his car was to drive and said he wished he took my advice sooner, ha!

I prefer to error on thinner fluids and only go thicker depending on what I want the car to do per the photo I shared above from the Hudy manual. :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back