• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Conversion: MT410 to SCT410.3 for most durable SCT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good reads right here! I'm interested in creating some hybrid Tekno stuff as well.
Was thinking, what if I stretched the sct410.3 with an ET48.3 chassis, rear driveshaft and made a legit 1/8 Tekno sct? What are the length differences in suspension arms between the sct and buggy(if any)? Hmm..
Interesting thought for making a 1/8 scale SCT....

You'd definitely want the 17mm hex conversion in this case, particularly for running something like mojave tires. And the extra width from the 17mm conversion (buggy width) would probably scale well with the dimensions to achieve that 1/8 sct size. My only gripe would be that a 1/8 sct should be 6s capable imo. And i don't think the drivetrain of the sct410 is beefed up enough to handle 6s like the MT (thicker driveshafts, bigger drive cups).

In the process of trying to build a bomber 6s sct myself. This is not a good idea but fun for me. No time yet to get it together. Plan is et48 towers and shocks with delrin pistons and guides, aluminum top and bottom caps. starting with yellow et48 springs. steel diff cases. Aluminum split center mount. Aluminum hinge blocks. carbon rear brace, skid plates, rpm slash bumpers this stuff needs slight mods. etc etc. Already got the normal beefed up stuff on the truck like steel cross pins servo horn 17mm hubs. Here is a pic of some of the stuff
Curios how this turns out. My biggest concern with the SCT running on 6s is the drivetrain. There aren't really any SCT upgrade options that i've found.

Interesting thought for making a 1/8 scale SCT....

You'd definitely want the 17mm hex conversion in this case, particularly for running something like mojave tires. And the extra width from the 17mm conversion (buggy width) would probably scale well with the dimensions to achieve that 1/8 sct size. My only gripe would be that a 1/8 sct should be 6s capable imo. And i don't think the drivetrain of the sct410 is beefed up enough to handle 6s like the MT (thicker driveshafts, bigger drive cups).
No sct drive parts, I agree, they're not up to the task. I don't know what all would be necessary or compatible..just spitballing here.
I agree, 6s capable would be the goal even though I would likely run it on 4s.
My thought was mt410 with eb48 arms and driveshafts, short wheelbase. Add et48 chassis and rear center driveshat withe eb48 arms for long wheelbase. Truggy tires would be my choice. I suppose finding a suitable body for the long wheelbase would be a problem though.
Short body shouldn't be.
So, I mentioned before that the only 1/8 sct on the market that I'm aware of is the Hobao sc8.. Perhaps the sc8 body would work for a Tekno long wheelbase sct? I just looked up the wheelbase of the et48.3 and sc8(Hobao)..holy crap, both are listed as 370-375mm!! Whoa!
What I don't know is are the eb48(.4) driveshafts compatible with the mt/et diffs outdrives? Hmm..

Last edited:
No sct drive parts, I agree, they're not up to the task. I don't know what all would be necessary or compatible..just spitballing here.
I agree, 6s capable would be the goal even though I would likely run it on 4s.
My thought was mt410 with eb48 arms and driveshafts, short wheelbase. Add et48 chassis and rear center driveshat withe eb48 arms for long wheelbase. Truggy tires would be my choice. I suppose finding a suitable body for the long wheelbase would be a problem though.
Short body shouldn't be.
So, I mentioned before that the only 1/8 sct on the market that I'm aware of is the Hobao sc8.. Perhaps the sc8 body would work for a Tekno long wheelbase sct? I just looked up the wheelbase of the et48.3 and sc8(Hobao)..holy crap, both are listed as 370-375mm!! Whoa!
What I don't know is are the eb48(.4) driveshafts compatible with the mt/et diffs outdrives? Hmm..
Depending on costs, you could swap out for the MT center driveshafts and diff cups. But really, with the price, if you want to make a 6s SCT, i think you should start with the MT and swap in buggy components. Maybe that's what the thread title should have been!

Compared the two instruction manuals and it appears the EB and MT both share the same diff drive cups. in fact, aside from the ring gear/spur, they are both the exact same diff, which is good news.

I bet you could use the EB CVs with the MT, just that getting the arms supposedly isn't possible anymore... hmmm... This is starting to sound like the illusive Senton 6s...

Depending on costs, you could swap out for the MT center driveshafts and diff cups. But really, with the price, if you want to make a 6s SCT, i think you should start with the MT and swap in buggy components. Maybe that's what the thread title should have been!

Compared the two instruction manuals and it appears the EB and MT both share the same diff drive cups. in fact, aside from the ring gear/spur, they are both the exact same diff, which is good news.

I bet you could use the EB CVs with the MT, just that getting the arms supposedly isn't possible anymore... hmmm... This is starting to sound like the illusive Senton 6s...
Yeah, I wasn't clear on my "plan",LOL. Since I already have an mt410, I would start with that. Add eb48 arms and cvds..basically dreaming out loud..
I won't claim to know Tekno's hierarchy or comparability acrossed models, but the eb48.4 arms and cvds are still available? Wouldn't they work with the sct or mt chassis and such?
To make it long wheelbase, switch out the mt for et48.3 chassis?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-154645_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-154645_Samsung Internet.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 78
BTW, isn't a senton 6s just a typhon 6s with nerfs,cage,body and sct tires/wheels? Think those items are still available?
I'm just not interested in another sloppy Arrma TBH. Great bashers, just not the fit and finish of a Tekno. IMO of course.

Yeah, I wasn't clear on my "plan",LOL. Since I already have an mt410, I would start with that. Add eb48 arms and cvds..basically dreaming out loud..
I won't claim to know Tekno's hierarchy or comparability acrossed models, but the eb48.4 arms and cvds are still available? Wouldn't they work with the sct or mt chassis and such?
To make it long wheelbase, switch out the mt for et48.3 chassis?
Yeah, again i'm just kind of spitballing here. Not a tekno expert either.

I was just reflecting what @Nicochau mentioned, that EB48 arms are very hard to come by. Looks like EB48.4 part number for the arms are 8184 and 8286, but those aren't reversible and ARE in stock (at least at amain). So wondering if I'm thinking of the right part? Perhaps different EB arms you were referring? Either way, knowing the EB48.4 is built similar to the MT, and would likely handle 6s drivetrain wise, i'm thinking a MT410 with EB48.4 arms and CV's is the best way to go for the 1/10 scale route "Ultimate" basher SCT.

The more we talk about this, the more i'm liking this 1/8 SCT as well ;)

Yeah, again i'm just kind of spitballing here. Not a tekno expert either.

I was just reflecting what @Nicochau mentioned, that EB48 arms are very hard to come by. Looks like EB48.4 part number for the arms are 8184 and 8286, but those aren't reversible and ARE in stock (at least at amain). So wondering if I'm thinking of the right part? Perhaps different EB arms you were referring? Either way, knowing the EB48.4 is built similar to the MT, and would likely handle 6s drivetrain wise, i'm thinking a MT410 with EB48.4 arms and CV's is the best way to go for the 1/10 scale route "Ultimate" basher SCT.

The more we talk about this, the more i'm liking this 1/8 SCT as well ;)
Yeah, pretty obvious we are a small group that have an interest in 1/8 sct's.
I was doing some research on the Hobao hyper sc8-e..pretty hard rig to get parts for apparently, Hobao direct is about the only place to get parts for them. Shame, looks like a decent quality rc from what I can see, but just too hard to find parts to be worth it.

Sounds like a good recipe. Long or short wheelbase?
The 17m hubs make it I think 3 mm wider, stock wheelbase otherwise. It fits a few bodies I like pretty good.

Don't think the shafts and cups will be an issue for 6s. You do need to watch the pins and replace before they cut into the cups, probably not long on 6s. For sure the steel diff cups, at very least in center, are needed. Figure out fluid weights, stock is way to light. Steel crosspins and spur. Longer battery straps for 6s. find 6s battery that fits the tray. stiffer springs for all the extra weight. etc. I will be finding this out I have everything sitting here including fresh 6s packs

@Hector_Fisher , the arms that perfectly fit the tower size of the MT410 but with buggy width are the original arms from EB48 and EB48.2. They also fit the MT410 and original chassis. Those arms were flat and reversible. Those are the ones that are out of stock.

With .3 or even more .4, you will likely hit some fitment issues. The .4 even had a modified chassis.

For the price of the SCT410, I wouldn’t bother. I would buy one stock and just run it on 4s.

The SCT bodies that parachute and the lack of wing makes those trucks hard to run with a lot more power than that. I think you’ll be happy with it as is.

Thanks for the feedback and info @nitro and @Nicochau .
Like I said, just spitballing ideas. As much as I love the idea of the Tekno 1/8 sct, Tekno parts cost will likely keep me from doing it.
@Nicochau , are you saying a wing is really relevant for handling? I've always liked rc's with a wing cuz they take alot of the abuse instead of the body. I suppose it all depends on how fast the rc is? My stuff doesn't do speed runs. I'd be surprised if any of them will even do 50mph,LOL. Just not my thing. I break stuff at 30-40mph just fine👌🤣🤣😉🍻

The 17m hubs make it I think 3 mm wider, stock wheelbase otherwise. It fits a few bodies I like pretty good.
It's wider than 3mm on each hub. A little over 1/4" or 7mm.
1664987266245.png

I don't have any standard size buggy tires to test, but after my overall width measurements I'm having a tough time finding bodies that I think are going to be wide enough. Like you said, there are a few, but it narrows down the options quite a bit.
@Hector_Fisher , the arms that perfectly fit the tower size of the MT410 but with buggy width are the original arms from EB48 and EB48.2. They also fit the MT410 and original chassis. Those arms were flat and reversible. Those are the ones that are out of stock.

With .3 or even more .4, you will likely hit some fitment issues. The .4 even had a modified chassis.

For the price of the SCT410, I wouldn’t bother. I would buy one stock and just run it on 4s.

The SCT bodies that parachute and the lack of wing makes those trucks hard to run with a lot more power than that. I think you’ll be happy with it as is.
Ultimately yeah, i bought the SCT about a few weeks ago after I had already started this thread and finished building it last week. Went with alu A block, steel cross pins and 17mm hex out of the gate. So far, no complaints and it's handling 4s street bashing (on the wide 107 hoons) and my HEAVY trigger finger just fine.

Probably should have done my build log here on TF instead, but i'm more active on the arrma forum, so i have a build thread for it over there:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hector_fisher-builds-a-sct410-3-and-stuff.55951/

I think this thread discussion is more just on theoreticals now, musing at the idea of how to make the ultimate 1/10 SCT. I think we have some awesome info here so far. I've venture to guess you could make the .4 arms work. Any idea whether the SCT hub carriers or knuckles would fit in the arms, or would you need the EB ones?

Attachments

• 1664987265858.png
    1664987265858.png
    561.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I don't have any buggy tires to test, but after my measurements I'm having a tough time finding bodies that I think are going to be wide enough. Like you said, there are a few, but it narrows down the options quite a bit.

Ultimately yeah, i bought the SCT about a few weeks ago after I had already started this thread and finished building it last week. Went with alu A block, steel cross pins and 17mm hex out of the gate. So far, no complaints and it's handling 4s street bashing (on the wide 107 hoons) and my HEAVY trigger finger just fine.

Probably should have done my build log here on TF instead, but i'm more active on the arrma forum, so i have a build thread for it over there:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hector_fisher-builds-a-sct410-3-and-stuff.55951/

I think this thread discussion is more just on theoreticals now, musing at the idea of how to make the ultimate 1/10 SCT. I think we have some awesome info here so far. I've venture to guess you could make the .4 arms work. Any idea whether the SCT hub carriers or knuckles would fit in the arms, or would you need the EB ones?
Not sure if the sct hubs will fit the 48.4 arms, but I would think I'd rather have the hubs that were desisgned for 17mm from the start myself.
The sct hubs are plenty for their intended use of course, but a 12mm stub axle would be mo better for an ultimate sct?

Shoot! That's it!! "Ultimate sct!"? HaHa

Not sure if the sct hubs will fit the 48.4 arms, but I would think I'd rather have the hubs that were desisgned for 17mm from the start myself.
The sct hubs are plenty for their intended use of course, but a 12mm stub axle would be mo better for an ultimate sct?
That's a good question if the EB hubs are designed stronger than the SCT ones. i guess there's two thoughts there: 1) what's the ultimate no-holds SCT that you can make (no price limitations), and 2) what's the ultimate no-holds SCT you can make while not breaking the bank.

If I had too much money to spend, i'd totally buy an EB48, ET48, MT410, and SCT410 and then just start swapping components until I came up with at least 3 drivable trucks that I liked :LOL:

You could at least make an extended MT (or 1/8 SCT), a beefy SCT, and then have some other weird combo'ed SWB truggy lol.

So the question is, for this "ultimate" SCT the thread is about, is the best option to have EB driveshafts and axles, or keep with standard SCT driveshafts and axles?

That's a good question if the EB hubs are designed stronger than the SCT ones. i guess there's two thoughts there: 1) what's the ultimate no-holds SCT that you can make (no price limitations), and 2) what's the ultimate no-holds SCT you can make while not breaking the bank.

If I had too much money to spend, i'd totally buy an EB48, ET48, MT410, and SCT410 and then just start swapping components until I came up with at least 3 drivable trucks that I liked :LOL:

You could at least make an extended MT (or 1/8 SCT), a beefy SCT, and then have some other weird combo'ed SWB truggy lol.

So the question is, for this "ultimate" SCT the thread is about, is the best option to have EB driveshafts and axles, or keep with standard SCT driveshafts and axles?
Idk, I'd love to have the funds to do exactly what you've suggested..buy em all and see.
Another question, would you source parts from other manufacturers? Such as Arrma driveshafts? While I'm not a fan of their hub carriers with the thin walled bearings, their stub axles and driveshafts are stout. Of course there's M2C and other aftermarket parts as well...

@Nicochau , are you saying a wing is really relevant for handling?
Absolutely! And an SCT body is not going to go much faster than 50mph without compromising the stability of the truck.

Regarding the ultimate SCT, what I did was source a used EB48.2. I got one really cheap (and really worn out too), but it was a great foundation to work with. The smaller tower fit the stock SCT/MT410 body mounts and allowed the body to fit a lot better. Again, if someone has a used to truck with spare arms to let go, that would be the ideal deal for you.

Here is my build thread, although I did a lot of changes since then:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/my-non-conventional-raptor-basher-build.1565/

Updates:
  • Removed the m2c braces to keep it as light as possible and save some chassis flex for traction
  • Got rid of the ugly russian unbreakable body and replaced it with the Proline flo tek bash armor
  • Switched to buggy racing wheels for handling
  • Reduced motor from 4074 to 3674 for much more controllable power

It's wider than 3mm on each hub. A little over 1/4" or 7mm.
View attachment 8881
I don't have any standard size buggy tires to test, but after my overall width measurements I'm having a tough time finding bodies that I think are going to be wide enough. Like you said, there are a few, but it narrows down the options quite a bit.
With 1/8 buggy tires its like 302mm outside to outside tire sidewall, guess the buggy offset is different. I just measured with unused buggy badlands. I've ran many older buggy wheel sets and seems same same. I think 296mm is race width for sct so 3mm or something wider. I like this body for the Losi trucks its an upgrade from TLR.
losi body.jpg
Not perfect could be a few mm wider. I also run J Concept scalpel on the street, its a wide body, and cut ones for off road. Cut the bumper fender area, back window etc.

Hmm, @Nicochau I might experiment with a wing just for kicks. I've gotten mine up to 56mph, just for a test run. It certainly wasn't rock solid stable, the point of a SCT isn't speed so it's understandable.

@KnowAir I'd source parts from elsewhere as needed, but like we've discussed on AF, i don't think there are any driveshaft upgrades that would really work for the SCT410. Buggy axles I think are plenty for 4s and maybe even 6s. Driveshafts and cups are the only thing suspect for me. But the cups have tekno replacements if you want.
With 1/8 buggy tires its like 302mm outside to outside tire sidewall, guess the buggy offset is different. I just measured with unused buggy badlands. I've ran many older buggy wheel sets and seems same same. I think 296mm is race width for sct so 3mm or something wider. I like this body for the Losi trucks its an upgrade from TLR.View attachment 8887Not perfect could be a few mm wider. I also run J Concept scalpel on the street, its a wide body, and cut ones for off road. Cut the bumper fender area, back window etc.
Yeah i measured just shy of 12 inches outside wheel to outside wheel, which is in line with what you're saying. Obviously 1/8 buggy positive offset, so is sct zero? or just slightly less positive? I'm surprised to see how little difference there is between the two in overall width. Then again, i've never had an 1/8 buggy. One body i want to try is the Proline 1984 Dodge Ram truck body. It's 12inches wide at the fenders, and it has that square body, so everything should tuck nicely inside, even with the extra offset from the 17mm hex conversion.
Absolutely! And an SCT body is not going to go much faster than 50mph without compromising the stability of the truck.

Regarding the ultimate SCT, what I did was source a used EB48.2. I got one really cheap (and really worn out too), but it was a great foundation to work with. The smaller tower fit the stock SCT/MT410 body mounts and allowed the body to fit a lot better. Again, if someone has a used to truck with spare arms to let go, that would be the ideal deal for you.

Here is my build thread, although I did a lot of changes since then:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/my-non-conventional-raptor-basher-build.1565/

Updates:
  • Removed the m2c braces to keep it as light as possible and save some chassis flex for traction
  • Got rid of the ugly russian unbreakable body and replaced it with the Proline flo tek bash armor
  • Switched to buggy racing wheels for handling
  • Reduced motor from 4074 to 3674 for much more controllable power
I'm pretty happy with the SCT so far. It can put down 4s power without a hitch, and cheapo buggy tires can handle 4s just fine. I do wish tbone racing was still in business, even though i didn't care for alot of their products, i hear there bumpers for the SCT410 were well regarded.

Other than that, i'm pretty pleased with with the truck so far. Nothing has really been sticking out to me that appears like a needed "upgrade". Maybe the steel spur, but i can pilfer from my MT410 if needed. But it has me wondering if extra weight of beefy components would be an exercise in tradeoffs...?

Recent Popular Liked

Back