• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Conversion: MT410 to SCT410.3 for most durable SCT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The steel spur is a good choice I think for longevity. It is "lightened" with a bunch of holes.
I think a cut out below the spur in the chassis would be a nice edition too.
I just recently had the center diff out of my mojave exb, good gawd that thing weighs alot!!
I put a Team Corally center diff in an Xray buggy awhile back because the Xray (steel)spur was lookin pretty ragged..was cheaper to buy a complete Radix6 center diff(w/aluminum cup) from Jenny's than an Xray spur gear,LOL. But, that TC center diff is quite heavy compared to the Xray diff.

The steel spur is a good choice I think for longevity. It is "lightened" with a bunch of holes.
I think a cut out below the spur in the chassis would be a nice edition too.
I just recently had the center diff out of my mojave exb, good gawd that thing weighs alot!!
I put a Team Corally center diff in an Xray buggy awhile back because the Xray (steel)spur was lookin pretty ragged..was cheaper to buy a complete Radix6 center diff(w/aluminum cup) from Jenny's than an Xray spur gear,LOL. But, that TC center diff is quite heavy compared to the Xray diff.
I might have to look around for any thread where people did chassis cutouts below the spur.

After having the SCT running for several packs on 4s abuse (lets be honest, with my ham-fisted driving style, it really is abuse) and it's having me wonder if converting an MT to a SCT would really yield you anything but added weight. 6s in a 1/10 chassis is too much. And this thing can handle 4s. So really, i'm wondering if doing the conversion would just add weight. Without any driveshaft upgrades (the crucial component here), i don't see any sense upgrades the drive cups. With how light the SCT is, i don't think adding M2C stuff would benefit too much.

Perhaps the SCT with the few extra metals drivetrain bits is as good as it gets...!

I might have to look around for any thread where people did chassis cutouts below the spur.

After having the SCT running for several packs on 4s abuse (lets be honest, with my ham-fisted driving style, it really is abuse) and it's having me wonder if converting an MT to a SCT would really yield you anything but added weight. 6s in a 1/10 chassis is too much. And this thing can handle 4s. So really, i'm wondering if doing the conversion would just add weight. Without any driveshaft upgrades (the crucial component here), i don't see any sense upgrades the drive cups. With how light the SCT is, i don't think adding M2C stuff would benefit too much.

Perhaps the SCT with the few extra metals drivetrain bits is as good as it gets...!
You may be right. I'd say from what I learned so far is Tekno has indeed done a stellar job of creating a very tough yet competitive rig with the sct410. Obviously it is aimed more towards racing than bashing, but as others have already stated, steel cross pins in the diffs, a couple aluminum block plates, and it's seriously bash worthy. I can't justify trying to make it better (if I could) than how mine sits right now. One upgrade that I would like to do sooner than later is the steel diff pins, otherwise I gotta break it before I change anything else.
Also, the 17mm hub conversion is an honorable mention since it opens up soo many tire options.
@Hector_Fisher , do you know what the part numbers you used are? I coulda swore I saw on Tekno's site they have slim hub adapters that keeps overall width the same as stock?

.....okay, I did indeed see that there are slim hubs...first pic is the kit that I believe @Hector_Fisher used? Then the stub axles and slim hub adapters which are sold separately. This is what I'm after..keep those tires tucked in👌

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221013-085617_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013-085617_Samsung Internet.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20221013-085601_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013-085601_Samsung Internet.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20221013-085652_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221013-085652_Samsung Internet.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 78
You may be right. I'd say from what I learned so far is Tekno has indeed done a stellar job of creating a very tough yet competitive rig with the sct410. Obviously it is aimed more towards racing than bashing, but as others have already stated, steel cross pins in the diffs, a couple aluminum block plates, and it's seriously bash worthy. I can't justify trying to make it better (if I could) than how mine sits right now. One upgrade that I would like to do sooner than later is the steel diff pins, otherwise I gotta break it before I change anything else.
Also, the 17mm hub conversion is an honorable mention since it opens up soo many tire options.
@Hector_Fisher , do you know what the part numbers you used are? I coulda swore I saw on Tekno's site they have slim hub adapters that keeps overall width the same as stock?
.....okay, I did indeed see that there are slim hubs...first pic is the kit that I believe @Hector_Fisher used? Then the stub axles and slim hub adapters which are sold separately. This is what I'm after..keep those tires tucked in👌
Yes, TKR 5570-17 is what i used. I finally understood what @nitro was trying to get at. The overall width is about the same with the extended buggy adapters, only slightly wider. Not a "hub to hub" measurement. Since the buggy wheels have the positive offset, they end up making the truck have a fairly equivalent width to the stock SCT wheels/tires/hex only off by a few mm. So with the narrower hex you posted, you're going to be even skinnier overall if that's what you're after!

(much like the concurrent conversation we are having on AF right now :ROFLMAO:)

Aren't pretty much all 1/8 buggy wheels zero offset? The slim adapters should keep the sct410 at or very near stock width? I think my sct wheels have maybe a quarter inch offset or less. Possibly zero, I'd have to look.

Aren't pretty much all 1/8 buggy wheels zero offset? The slim adapters should keep the sct410 at or very near stock width? I think my sct wheels have maybe a quarter inch offset or less. Possibly zero, I'd have to look.
They might be the same offset. Not alot of info out there. I do know that the TKR5570-17 widens by about 7mm on each side, 14mm overall. If what @nitro was saying applies, which is that with TKR5570-17 and buggy tires that the SCT is only a few mm wider overall, then that would suggest the buggy tires are likely a slightly different offset. When you get some time, could you measure the overall width of your SCT with the SC wheels/tires? I know offsets may vary between manufacturers, so it may not be an apples to apples comparison. But then we could compare widths and figure out exactly how wide the SCT is usually supposed to be. IIRC, when i measured with the buggy wheels it was just shy of 12inches.

They might be the same offset. Not alot of info out there. I do know that the TKR5570-17 widens by about 7mm on each side, 14mm overall. If what @nitro was saying applies, which is that with TKR5570-17 and buggy tires that the SCT is only a few mm wider overall, then that would suggest the buggy tires are likely a slightly different offset. When you get some time, could you measure the overall width of your SCT with the SC wheels/tires? I know offsets may vary between manufacturers, so it may not be an apples to apples comparison. But then we could compare widths and figure out exactly how wide the SCT is usually supposed to be. IIRC, when i measured with the buggy wheels it was just shy of 12inches.
You bet👍
Seems there's always confusion of what offset is when it comes to wheels I find..similarly gearing, ie gear or up gear down.. LOL
To me, gearing up means higher speed, however, that's just my perspective. Not saying I'm right. Likely the opposite 😜

This is great, i have a similar build based on the EB48.2. Which had shorter shocks (the ones you get on the SCT) and more importantly the same tower size than the MT410 and SCT410.3. I say tower size, because the SCT410 comes with thiner towers.

The problem with that build is that the arms are out of stock, for good.

So are you saying the MT410 shocks will fit with the MT410 towers and EB48.3 arms? Does the truck bottom out properly? The reason I’m asking is because the EB48.3 came with the longer shocks (same as MT410) but also a longer / higher tower.

This is very interesting!

Note: I’m running it on 4s with 3674 motor and it drives great.

Thanks,
Tekno still is offering replacement arms for their old Buggies.. https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5184-suspension-arms-rear-ebnb48-3/
Nicochau, if you don't mind me asking where were you looking for the parts? Tekno's direct sight offers parts for all their legacy vehicles and generally I've found them to be in stock. Something I love about tekno is their parts replacement support even for all of their old out of production models.

Last edited:
Width can vary between 12.25 inches (Slash offset) and 11.75 inches with "0" offset wheels. I believe the spec with is with the RC10 3mm offset wheels and that puts you right at 12"... This is with SCT wheels not 1/8th buggy.
Hector... here's a link to the rear arms https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5184-suspension-arms-rear-ebnb48-3/
Front arms: https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5286-suspension-arms-front-ebnb48-3/

Last edited:
Unfortunately, all dimensions are changed in the 2.0. They also twisted the arms. I just wish they kept making those original EB48 arms, they were reversible too (worked on both sides).

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-rc-xtra-tough-front-suspension-arm-set-2-tkr5036xt/p253451
Honestly I think one might be able to modify the SCT rear arms to work with the MT410 hubs... but don't quote me.. I haven't tried it yet though crossed my mind several times... Front arms is another story... So I just checked and according to Tekno's website all parts are still available!! https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5184-suspension-arms-rear-ebnb48-3/

Tekno still is offering replacement arms for their old Buggies.. https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5184-suspension-arms-rear-ebnb48-3/
Nicochau, if you don't mind me asking where were you looking for the parts? Tekno's direct sight offers parts for all their legacy vehicles and generally I've found them to be in stock. Something I love about tekno is their parts replacement support even for all of their old out of production models.
I believe they offer the EB48.3 arms to EB48.2 owners as an upgrade path.

They unfortunately do not offer the original TKR5036XT arms anymore. Those ones were flippable (left to right) and flat. Very similar to the current MT410 arms but shorter. It would be awesome to still have them available and turn the MT410 into a Lego set for bashers.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-rc-xtra-tough-front-suspension-arm-set-2-tkr5036xt/p253451

I don’t blame them, they are in the business of building better and faster trucks, not in the business of collecting and storing any possible part some guys may want to use down the road,

It did cross my mind though to email Dany at Tekno and make a few suggestions for a mega-MT410 kit that would turn it into any truck you want from MT to a possible SCT /road / GT car.

I’m sure there would me a market to compete with Arrma’s Infraction…

I believe they offer the EB48.3 arms to EB48.2 owners as an upgrade path.

They unfortunately do not offer the original TKR5036XT arms anymore. Those ones were flippable (left to right) and flat. Very similar to the current MT410 arms but shorter. It would be awesome to still have them available and turn the MT410 into a Lego set for bashers.

I don’t blame them, they are in the business of building better and faster trucks, not in the business of collecting and storing any possible part some guys may want to use down the road,

It did cross my mind though to email Dany at Tekno and make a few suggestions for a mega-MT410 kit that would turn it into any truck you want from MT to a possible SCT /road / GT car.

I’m sure there would me a market to compete with Arrma’s Infraction…
Ok I see what you're saying on the original parts as they only make the last compatible upgrade part for the EB48 series the 48.3... but the good news is the arms are compatible with both the MT410 and SCT410's for a potential super basher SCT. They are also much more robust than the original EB48 arms... I've never broke an A-Arm on my SCT410.3 in over 2 years of pretty hard core bashing/racing even with 2.8 monster truck tires on it!! However I did break my original EB48 rear A-Arm last winter of a pretty mild jump. The 48.3 arm is noticeably thicker/beefier and IMHO much better for the bash build.

I'd say, for a 1/10 scale 4wd SCT, the SCT410.3 is a little pudgy... one of the main reasons I chose to purchase one for my track bashing needs. I love the way heavier/larger RCs feel going over the rough stuff.

I'd say, for a 1/10 scale 4wd SCT, the SCT410.3 is a little pudgy... one of the main reasons I chose to purchase one for my track bashing needs. I love the way heavier/larger RCs feel going over the rough stuff.
I agree, and even with that said, the sct410 still bounces quite a bit on my track at home. Mind you, it's much more stable than say, a rustler 4x4 vxl, but, that's not saying much,LOL.
I definitely like pretty much everything about my sct410.3 thus far, I did break an "A" block pretty quickly, but totally my fault. I swiped the aluminum one from my MT410 to keep the fun going..

Last edited:
I agree, and even with that said, the sct410 still bounces quite a bit on my track at home. Mind you, it's much more stable than say, a rustler 4x4 vxl, but, that's not saying much,LOL.
I definitely like pretty much everything about my sct410.3 thus far, I did break an "A" block pretty quickly, but totally my fault. I swiped the aluminum one from my MT410 to keep the fun going..
Switching A/B/C/D blocks to aluminum is a very common upgrade. I would probably switch them as they break.

Pudgy as in big, or heavy? (or both?)

I need to weigh it, but I don't remember a ton of weight difference between my senton I used to have and my SCT410. They are at least in the same ball park. And guess which one I had way more control over and was easier to drive???? LOL

Yeah i've noticed the SCT410 bouncing around when running through our mostly ripped up field at the park we go to. But in a way, unless you have a really solid track, like well groomed and manicured, you're going to have little bumps and such. I wasn't able to put down 100% power in the field just because of the roughness and how much the SCT was bouncing. But I think that's expected. I don't think 1/10 scale is really the right size for "floating" over stuff, like 1/8 scale stuff is.

Ultimately still pleasantly happy with it. Was jumping it off a friends skateboard ramp we set up in the field. It is nose heavy for sure! Good thing i had 4s there so I could correct it ;) :ROFLMAO:
Switching A/B/C/D blocks to aluminum is a very common upgrade. I would probably switch them as they break.
I think the need to replace the blocks for aluminum could be partly remedied by a solid front bumper. I don't personally have any issues with the stock one, as it's built for racing, but it's certainly lacks for front coverage since the blocks are entirely exposed.

Which brings me back to our "ultimate SCT" discussion @KnowAir, with tbone racing out of the picture (i hear their MT and SCT bumpers were recommended) what do you do for an "ultimate" bumper?

I'm currently working on buying a heat gun and experimenting with some kydex, as I saw suggested by @Billl DeLong in another thread. Definitely will be looking to make the bumper slightly wider. Would be awesome to make a nylon based bumper for lots of flex.

A and D are definitely the most susceptible..I must admit I had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the price on the aluminum upgrades,lol.
Kinda puts things in perspective when I look at the price comparison between the MT and SCT410 kits..
With that said, I'll only be upgrading as needed.

Pudgy as in big, or heavy? (or both?)

I need to weigh it, but I don't remember a ton of weight difference between my senton I used to have and my SCT410. They are at least in the same ball park. And guess which one I had way more control over and was easier to drive???? LOL

Yeah i've noticed the SCT410 bouncing around when running through our mostly ripped up field at the park we go to. But in a way, unless you have a really solid track, like well groomed and manicured, you're going to have little bumps and such. I wasn't able to put down 100% power in the field just because of the roughness and how much the SCT was bouncing. But I think that's expected. I don't think 1/10 scale is really the right size for "floating" over stuff, like 1/8 scale stuff is.

Ultimately still pleasantly happy with it. Was jumping it off a friends skateboard ramp we set up in the field. It is nose heavy for sure! Good thing i had 4s there so I could correct it ;) :ROFLMAO:

I think the need to replace the blocks for aluminum could be partly remedied by a solid front bumper. I don't personally have any issues with the stock one, as it's built for racing, but it's certainly lacks for front coverage since the blocks are entirely exposed.

Which brings me back to our "ultimate SCT" discussion @KnowAir, with tbone racing out of the picture (i hear their MT and SCT bumpers were recommended) what do you do for an "ultimate" bumper?

I'm currently working on buying a heat gun and experimenting with some kydex, as I saw suggested by @Billl DeLong in another thread. Definitely will be looking to make the bumper slightly wider. Would be awesome to make a nylon based bumper for lots of flex.
With regards to the front bumper, it would be nice to have a bit more coverage for the "A" block, otherwise, I find the stock bumper to be plenty for my use. I've been running an MT410 for nearly 2 years with the original front bumper still intact. I guess I am more of a "light" basher.

@Hector_Fisher , that SCT TBR bumper never worked for me. Beeing very long, It just kept chewing the front of my bodies every time I would nose dive (happens a lot :) ). I’m back to stock and very happy with it.

My MT410 has the TBR basher bumper that is significantly better IMO.

@KnowAir , one trick I found to work with the Tekno SCT is always accelerate on the jumps. It has something to do with compression the back springs and it jumps a lot better this way. Always accelerating before air.

Recent Popular Liked

Back