• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best Charger Options for 6S 5000mah batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that the X8 is easier to find it stock too! ;-)

I will definitely watch youtube videos!

So I've been buying my 12V supplies for around $15 shipped, would you please share your source for 24V supplies? I will gladly start running 24V if they can be found for around the same price!
I'm in the UK and I just bought my power supply from a random seller on Ebay..?? I think if I remember correctly I paid around £22 for mine.
Only drawback to iCharger is they have a steep learning curve, I recommend watching lots of YouTube videos to understand how to operate them! Once you get them configured the way you need, then they will be very easy and fast to charge/check your IR while charging, etc...
One of the main reasons I bought the ISDT was its ease of use, I had a 4 button charger in the past and it was very easy to set it incorrectly..!! not good when using liPo's..?
One of the great features of the ISDT is that it sets the voltage automatically, so if you plug a 4s pack into it, it will set itself to 4s..?? so basically you can't get it wrong..?

I watched quite a few of this guys vids in the past, he seems quite knowledgeable..

Last edited:
That's a nice video, but he's wrong when he says he's never seen a charger support more than 16A input because the iCharger 406 Duo that I currently use supports 47A input which is why the 12V supply works very well for me ;)

https://www.amainhobbies.com/junsi-...ttery-charger-6s-40a-1400w-jun-406duo/p484125

47A x 12V = 564W (per port)

My 12V supply can handle up to 750W of load which is perfect for my needs, though I concede that if I had a 24V supply then I would get the full 1000W rated potential per channel out of my charger, though my current needs are no where near that limit :)

My charger is a 2 port setup, and I can overload my supply if I charge two packs at 40A at the same time... 564W + 564W = 1128W and the supply is limited to only 750W

So I keep both ports configured to 40A charge rates, but wait for port #1 to reduce the current to about 20A which typically takes about 4 min into the charge cycle, then I start up port #2 at 40A without any issue ;)

I would not have to wait for the current to drop on port #1 if I was using a 24V supply, but in the OP's case, he's only going to be using a single port charger and won't have to worry about this, plus he's only going to be charging his 6S pack at 20A anyway.

I just looked again for another 24V supply and this is the cheapest I can find:
https://www.banggood.com/24V-40A-10...-p-1323748.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

I think $15 for the 12V-750W is still the most practical route.

Last edited:
Finally finished my 24v power supply. ET48 2.0 won't be released for a couple more months but I was itching to complete a project. Quite proud of my work.

Attachments

• 20210227_123735.jpg
    20210227_123735.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210227_123730.jpg
    20210227_123730.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 161
Without a power supply a $100.00 charger for 5000mah 6s packs will be pretty slow. I used to go that route till I finally bought high end batteries and a good charger to go with them and will never go back. Made my rigs so much better to run. I ended up going with the Protek 625 Duo Touch which is well above your price range at about $250.00, but its doesnt require a power supply and I can charge 2 6s 5000 packs at 4 to 5c if I ever needed or wanted to. If I were to chose a charger closer to $100.00 I would go with the Protek Prodigy 66 Duo at $109.99 which can also charge 2 packs at the same time, no power supply required and can also charge LiHV packs like the 625 Touch, but the main differences are no touchscreens and the max output is 6 amps versus 25 amps, so the big 6s packs are going to charge pretty slow. Protek also offers a even cheaper single channel AC/DC charger that while it cant charge LiHV packs over the standard LiPo voltage, it does have 10amps - 100 watts of output and only costs about $65.00. I dont know of another charger under $80.00 that is anywhere nearly as nice. There are other brands obviously besides Protek, I just happen to have 2 of the 625 Touch chanrgers, a dozen or so 2s shorty, 3s shorty and 4s 5600 and 6500mah LiHV packs and in nearly 3 years Ive only had one of the 3s 3600mah packs fail because a friends kid left it plugged into my crawler and it lost a cell after draining too low. Ive also got about 15 rigs that are currently using Protek 160T, 160TBL, 160SS, 170TBL, 170SBL and 370TBL servos and never has one ever given me any sort of problem. I just normally keep buying what works, and I back those brands until I have a reason not too.

Finally finished my 24v power supply. ET48 2.0 won't be released for a couple more months but I was itching to complete a project. Quite proud of my work.

Did I miss something with the ET48 2.0? I thought we were less than a month away from it being released? Another delay?

Recent Popular Liked

Back