• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Alternative Shock O-rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
I thought you all were crazy when you said your shocks leaked. I don't know that I read anything on this forum, but other interweb chatter had people scratching their heads. Then it happened about a month ago to me. Rebuilt the shocks with stock x-rings, and within one battery pack worth of laps, shocks were leaking ...what the heck :unsure:.

I heard of people using Axial o-rings with great success, but all the online sources were out of them. I turned to HPI's 3.5x2mm offering.

Now that I have another set of shock seals to compare, I totally understand what's going on. The stock x-rings will almost slide down the shock shafts just with gravity alone. The HPI o-rings grab the shock shafts much more securely for a better seal. So far, so good (y)(y). No more leaks coming from the bottom of the shocks.

Last edited:
Oh, but I do use "slime" to lube o-rings/x-rings. If grease does the sealing, then there wouldn't be a need for rubber rings. There is only so much grease will do. Only purpose for lubing the rings is to prevent tear from possible sharp edge of shock shaft threads. After the grease has done its job; it's time for the rubber to do its job...grab hold of the shaft, and seal.

The new set of x-rings was a fail. The originals in the ET410 kit did fine for months. I'm chalking the experience up as a bad batch of rubber.

could be a bad batch of rubber or a torn seal possibly... I am still on the original set of rubber seals on my 9 year old SCT410.1 and they have never leaked, I simply apply fresh grease every 2-3 race days and they remain as good as new.

I don't own the ET410 anymore, but never had any problems with those seals either with over a year of use on that truck before I sold it to try another brand.

could be a bad batch of rubber or a torn seal possibly... I am still on the original set of rubber seals on my 9 year old SCT410.1 and they have never leaked, I simply apply fresh grease every 2-3 race days and they remain as good as new.

I don't own the ET410 anymore, but never had any problems with those seals either with over a year of use on that truck before I sold it to try another brand.
That's what I'm talking about. I always said the same thing to other people with leaky ET410 shocks. Now it seems at least once a week someone is showing up on FB with same issue. Meh ?‍♂️. HPI and me are great at the moment.

when applying fresh grease I’m assuming you disassemble, clean and grease?

Bill B.

This is correct...only way you can clean and grease the o-rings is to disassemble the shocks.
Yes indeed, I use a micro-fiber towel to blot the o-rings, no chemicals used for cleaning any rubber parts... apply fresh grease and that's all there is to it :)

What’s the best eb410 shock rebuild/bleed video out there? Want to know 100% before I tear them down.

?

Spacers do look a bit thicker on the new pictures of that TKR6708 part number....
1601232993298.png

Arise old thread. Having this same issue with leaking shocks. Also looking for a set of shock boots for the et410. I've been using qualtex twistable latex balloons but they don't quite hold up. I'd like something like what's on the sct410.

Spacers do look a bit thicker on the new pictures of that TKR6708 part number....
1679612495407.png
During the SCT410SL shock build, I had a chance to measure the shock cartridge guild set...
1679612471891.png

I'll measure the shock cartridge guide set in my ET410 when I have it torn down for maintenance.

Recent Popular Liked

Back