• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Aftermarket parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Any other good aftermarket parts besides M2C. They are always out of stock. I need a center diff.

I never had any problems with my diffs on my Kraton. Poppy’s diff cracked open yesterday during a session. My Mt410 is still on backorder. I think I will wait on the M2C diffs. Poppy is going to replace with the Tekno version. Try to claim the 50% off broken parts.

Attachments

• 643595C0-6C77-4A2E-93A7-1E2EC7910D45.jpeg
    643595C0-6C77-4A2E-93A7-1E2EC7910D45.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 425
Pretty sure OK said the Losi diff just drops in, might just need a slightly different bearing size , but it's still plastic I believe, just larger (probably normal 1/8 scale) sized. The Tekno diffs are smaller than normal 1/8's for less rotational weight, My guess is the tradeoff is they can overheat if you push them too hard due to holding less fluid. I have seen other standard sized 1/8 diffs overheat too so it definitely isn't just a tekno thing but that is on 6s.

Bummer that Fioroni doesn't make anything for Tekno, but their diffs are crazy money ($200!)

I'd hold out for the M2C.

Are you running 4s? what fluid did you have it? that is really strange that the case would crack like that! I'm betting a rock got in there...

Three of the satellite gears are not like the other. My Dads MT410 center Diff. My MT410 shipped yesterday, I am trying to learn from his build.

Attachments

• B524FDB3-A8A5-42C9-94CB-38F34BB9F571.jpeg
    B524FDB3-A8A5-42C9-94CB-38F34BB9F571.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 403
Three of the satellite gears are not like the other. My Dads MT410 center Diff. My MT410 shipped yesterday, I am trying to learn from his build.

They are not like the others why, because they disintegrated?? Damn!!

Never seen a Tekno diff grenade like that:eek:

I suspect there is more to story. So much depends on how they are assembled. Looks like the armma diff had to always rebuilding. Not one problem with the six Tekno units. Unless one wants to count the rock that stuck under center diff and chewed away the case.

I suspect there is more to story. So much depends on how they are assembled. Looks like the armma diff had to always rebuilding. Not one problem with the six Tekno units. Unless one wants to count the rock that stuck under center diff and chewed away the case.
The front input drive bearing also disintegrated.

More to the story. Why did the bearing fail? Running in water? Or some other reason. Figure out the cause so it will not happen again. Did you place the small shim between the bearing and the drive cup? If that is not done correct it will cause problems. My first kit I made several mistakes. Not being careful enough following instructions and placed wrong length screws in the front knuckle and destroyed the bearing. It is all part of learning.

More to the story. Why did the bearing fail? Running in water? Or some other reason. Figure out the cause so it will not happen again. Did you place the small shim between the bearing and the drive cup? If that is not done correct it will cause problems. My first kit I made several mistakes. Not being careful enough following instructions and placed wrong length screws in the front knuckle and destroyed the bearing. It is all part of learning.
Yeah we were thinking that a shockwave ran from the front diff to the center. Full throttle landing on a backflip. It did get caught in the rain the session before. He did shim it.

Next thought, what weight diff oil in center diff and was it full or empty? Would think the correct oil would have helped absorb the impact.

Recent Popular Liked

Back