• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT410.3 and SCT410 2.0 parts compatibility ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasquatchola

Reaction score
Hey guys,

is there a list of parts that are shared between the SCT410.3 and SCT410 2.0?

are there parts that can be fitting to the sct410.3 from the 2.0 that would improve the car? (such as how rc8b4 parts can be retrofitted to the rc8b3 if you dont mind changing out a few components)

im unsure how long parts will be available for the sct410.3 but having a list of parts that works on both trucks would help everyone keep certain spares in their arsenal ready to go should the sct410.3 parts get discontinued

cross reference the manuals, I would be surprised if there where any part numbers that overlapped, the 2.0 is a major re-design.

cross reference the manuals, I would be surprised if there where any part numbers that overlapped, the 2.0 is a major re-design.

blows my mind that i didnt even think of that!

so far:

similarities:

center diff housing and internals are the same

front and rear diff are the same(o-rings and gears look updated but can be shared)
steering bell cranks share multiple parts

differences:

diff housings are different. needs to compare housings to see if they can be fitted
shock towers are different
sway bars different
arm blocks different
arms are different BUT look suspiciously similar
axles different
rear hubs different BUT seems like it can be retrofitted
Front knuckles different BUT seems like it can be retrofitting

a lot of the different parts only change a single part number toward the beginning of the numerical values

for example the rear hubs:

TKR 5545 is for the sct410.3
TKR 9545 is for the sct410 2.0

This might indicate that the part is superseded and can be used as a replacement on the older platform, although until i stop by a local shop and see them side by side i cant tell.

i was hoping that someone might have figured this stuff out by now, but with tekno still supporting the 410.3, i can see why no one has bothered to figure it out.

I don't have one, but from what I've seen they didn't go for backwards compatibility with the 410.3. Thankfully Tekno stocks parts for their discontinued models. And the .3 is tough anyway so doesn't need much 🫠

Newer 2.0 gearboxes will not lineup on a SCT410.3 chassis.
IMG_20240317_090631614.jpg

I wanted so badly to have quick access diffs for the SCT410.3 platform. I held off getting a SCT410.3 for so long, because the EB48 2.0 had come out, and I found it's gearboxes would not retro fit onto a SCT410.3's chassis, so I waited for Tekno to make a 2.0 based SCT410.3 successor. I waited... and waited... and waited. :unsure: :rolleyes::cool:

Are the front and rear diff ring gear and pinion gear shareable?
The new act/mt410 2.0 uses cheaper powdered metal parts.

Recent Popular Liked

Back