• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Where is you ESC on-off switch located...pics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hscic

Reaction score
I installed a transponder and screwed it to the 3 holes on the receiver box. I had my on-off switch there so had to remove...now I am trying to figure out where the heck to place it. It can't fit right in front the box on the floor. I found 3 other possible locations (given the length of the wires)...all of them are not ideal. If you have pics of where you have your switch, please post...perhaps there is something I am missing. Thanks

I think the last pic secured to the receiver cover sideways seems like the best choice since it has the most surface to secure the switch with double sided mounting tape. Again, I am not able to place the switch flat on the floor as the motor mount is in the way.
ON OFF SWITCH LOCATION1.JPG

ON OFF SWITCH LOCATION2.JPG
ON OFF SWITCH LOCATION3.JPG

Attachments

• ON OFF SWITCH LOCATION3.JPG
    ON OFF SWITCH LOCATION3.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 300
The switch on my Max8 is mounted on the side of the ESC with double sided foam on the bottom and side of the switch. It has been mounted like this for several months and is still secure.
View attachment 3728
View attachment 3729
Thanks for the pics. Nice to have so much space. I have EB48.3 and my esc sits on the opposite side of the motor so the wire length is also an issue. If if were a bit longer, I could have mounted it on the receiver cover next to the transponder. My transponder which is mounted to the 3 screws next to your switch.

I started a thread about this a while back...there a few good ideas posted here. https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/esc-switches-where-how-are-you-mounting-them.242/

Appreciate the link...I really like the location of your switch next to the battery tray. My set up is similar to yours...I also have HW Xerun XR8 Plus esc with HW Xerun Gen2 2250kv motor. Great electronics but a bit on the large side. Where did you route the wire under the driveshaft?

I currently have it mounted with double sided mounting tape to the front side of the receiver cover. Wires are clean and secure, and it works, however it looks out of place i.e. doesn't belong there so it bugs me. Will try to get it where you placed your switch.
1578641473858.png

Last edited:
Appreciate the link...I really like the location of your switch next to the battery tray. My set up is similar to yours...I also have HW Xerun XR8 Plus esc with HW Xerun Gen2 2250kv motor. Great electronics but a bit on the large side. Where did you route the wire under the driveshaft?

I currently have it mounted with double sided mounting tape to the front side of the receiver cover. Wires are clean and secure, and it works, however it looks out of place i.e. doesn't belong there so it bugs me. Will try to get it where you placed your switch.
View attachment 3734

Yes the switch is ran under the motor and drive shaft. I have it secured with a dab of hot glue to be safe. The switch almost wedges itself in that space tight enough you can probably get away from using anything else but I did double sticky tape it down, again to be safe.

The switch on my Max8 is mounted on the side of the ESC with double sided foam on the bottom and side of the switch. It has been mounted like this for several months and is still secure.
View attachment 3728
View attachment 3729
This ESC mount is cool as hell. How do you like that weight distribution? Having more weight in the rear compared to stock mounting location?

My Racer is without an ESC for the time being, but here's my custom monster truck. Currently, zip-tied to a lead. Not the most ideal place and I wouldn't recommend it. But it works. I'll move it one of these days. I like the mounting positions you guys have come up with.

IMG_3020.jpg

Thanks for the input. Used Tbuggy's location which IMO is ideal...just need to lift the motor mount/center diff to route wire. It also clears any obstruction for the transponder to emit signal. I am a happy camper now. Let's go racing!
1578692377589.png

Thanks for the input. Used Tbuggy's location which IMO is ideal...just need to lift the motor mount/center diff to route wire. It also clears any obstruction for the transponder to emit signal. I am a happy camper now. Let's go racing!
View attachment 3736
The down side to this location is if you have a problem on race day and you need to switch out the ESC, there's more to remove. But you have a Hobbywing and I've heard they're more durable so hopefully you don't have that problem!

The down side to this location is if you have a problem on race day and you need to switch out the ESC, there's more to remove. But you have a Hobbywing and I've heard they're more durable so hopefully you don't have that problem!

I have put it through plenty of abuse and I dont think there is going to ever be an issue. If it were a situation like you mentioned and the ESC failed I would just cut the wire...would not be any harm if it failed already and you plan to replace it.

That is true but I would do as Tbuggy mentioned....cut the wire and mount the new switch with double-sided mounting tape where I placed it initially...on the side of the receiver box just to finish the race. Ideal with respect to clean and secure wiring/switch and out of the way.

When I had the switch on the receiver cover (where the transponder is now) before I got the transponder, there were times when flipping the vehicle caused the esc to turn off...inadvertent hitting of the on-off button by the body...now that would be problematic in a race lol

Last edited:
I have put it through plenty of abuse and I dont think there is going to ever be an issue. If it were a situation like you mentioned and the ESC failed I would just cut the wire...would not be any harm if it failed already and you plan to replace it.

Good point!

Recent Popular Liked

Back