• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ESC switches....where/how are you mounting them???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the ESC 180 degrees from where it is now before and my wiring was a mess. Rotating it helped clean it up a bit but im not sure it’s worth it if that wire gets worn through.

I kept the stickers on the side over the seems, I know it’s not ideal or as strong as it being on the bottom too but hopefully it holds. I think a zip tie will kill two birds with one stone though. I can wrap it around the ESC and secure the wire close to the ESC frame at the same time.

I ran the same ESC in the same position without issues. Those little wires are stiff enough they don't flop around and typically stay put fairly well.

I think I have it fixed. Just wrapped a rubber band around it.

6A0A5795-DD81-46B6-B324-C58726ADB4CA.jpeg
CC68E46B-8506-41F4-AF7B-481530ECDEE9.jpeg

Good idea Mongoose, I was thinking tape or lexan guard between the shaft and wires.

For my Tekin ESC's, I just cut off the switch and solder the leads together. Problem solved. No switch to mount or turn off at the most inopportune moment.

For my Tekin ESC's, I just cut off the switch and solder the leads together. Problem solved. No switch to mount or turn off at the most inopportune moment.

Is that safe to do? I mean like will it cause any issues later at all?

Is that safe to do? I mean like will it cause any issues later at all?
None. ESC doesn't know if there is a switch there or not. No difference in Voltage spikes plugging in the battery vs plugging in the battery and then switching things on. Slide switches suck and when they fail i solder the wires together. HW button switches are flawless from my experience.

None. ESC doesn't know if there is a switch there or not. No difference in Voltage spikes plugging in the battery vs plugging in the battery and then switching things on. Slide switches suck and when they fail i solder the wires together. HW button switches are flawless from my experience.

Oh that’s good to know thanks. I love the hw switch but I’m going to be running Tekin once they shop up.

True, a rep from Tekin even suggested it to me. I was concerned about making the warranty void, but the rep said no it would not. Works a treat and never had any problems.

I saw this thread about a week ago. Been wanting to post pictures of how I have it on mine. Since my servo went out a few days ago. I figured now is the perfect time. Hopefully it will help someone or give them an ideas for future use.

71DD08F5-701A-431F-9632-F8D1DFE0B5C3.jpeg
7DC06715-BF02-4410-8711-51060B24855B.jpeg
6BEDCE42-49F0-4F43-B7E2-AB54C6B84BE7.jpeg

Edit: made the pictures more clearer. First ones I posted looked darker.

Last edited:
You need to clean that truck man! ;):D
Pic was taken right after I ran, it was my shake down run it's all cleaned up :) it was a brand new rebuild of a used slider I purchased, I upgraded too m2c chassis, all aluminum m2c diffs, new electronics, m2c shock caps, and m2c shock mounts, plus aluminum diff, motor mount

E600 is used at my RC camp to attach a lot of stuff. Take my ET410 for instance. Receiver, antenna tube, and on/off switch are held in place with the sticky stuff. The receiver laying across the milled out section(s) of the chassis benefits from the self leveling adhesive. Moving my receiver to the rear of the chassis meant I had to come up with an alternate antenna mount. Tube was just E6000ed to the center diff support.

After a couple of months, and some gnarly mishaps, everything is still secure (y).

I have a Tekin RX8 esc and haven't really found a place I like for the switch. Since cutting the switch wires and soldering them together would not void the warranty, would it be possible to solder on a switch similar to the "external" switch on a hobbywing XR-10? It would give me a little more wire to work with so can mount the switch at the back near the radio box. Also, I assume less of/no chance of the switch getting moved to the "off" position due to a crash since it is a push button.

Recent Popular Liked

Back