• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What other hobbies do you guys have/do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock climbing, mountain bike, trail running, video games

It’s actually a thing, yes. But I’m just bullshitting about me being a part of it:p

Quite a few hobbies. I love to fish, play video games and my newest hobbies is building quadcopters.

Attachments

• 20180424_162802.jpg
    20180424_162802.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 261
Very cool..do you build them from scratch?

Love to see some rock climbing pics!!

Yep. A few of them I bought ready to fly, but the rest I built. I can now say my soldering skills are A1!

Just making conversation and was genuinely curious what else do you all do when NOT playing with RC cars??

I have two kids and wonderful lady at home and so when my time isn't consumed by the family or work and when I make time for myself that isn't RC related, I find myself in the wood shop making various projects that have come to mind.

A few years back I got into luthier work and have been traveling down that road for a while now. Currently I am working on 4 Ukuleles with no plans to stop...why would I need so many Ukes you ask, well I don't, so I tend to have a few laying around and then give/sell them when an opportunity arrises.

Some current shop pics of the Ukes in various stages and some finished.
View attachment 445

View attachment 446

View attachment 447

I know most of you guys who play with RC's are tinkerers so lets see what else you do!?!

Thanx,
Tbuggy

That is AWSM TBuggy, my G/F daughter likes too play the ukulele, she use too make vids and post them too youtube, but stopped for some reason, but she still plays, I showed her the pics of your ukuleles and she got all excited, here's a vid from a year or so back she did

That is AWSM TBuggy, my G/F daughter likes too play the ukulele, she use too make vids and post them too youtube, but stopped for some reason, but she still plays, I showed her the pics of your ukuleles and she got all excited, here's a vid from a year or so back she did

Super cool! Tell her to keep it up!!

You guys have more time and money than me, it appears. I have a small gardening project going currently, but due to some Federal Laws, I will let you figure out what I'm growing. I do as much fishing as I can. See Avatar.... From Halibut to yellow tail to blue gill or crappie in the lake, if it swims I want to catch it, and most likely eat it. I did not eat the leopard shark in the avatar pic. She was a fully mature reproductive female, so she got to go back. Was really torn on that one. I had never caught a keeper (36 inches) and have wanted one for a few years. This thing comes up at over 60 inches and I threw her back. Had it been a male, he would have seen how sharp a 20 year old fillet knife is. I'm sure I have more $$$ into my fishing gear than I do my RC gear. I also coach my kids' softball and baseball teams. And then I do what ever I can to keep the wife happy enough to let me play with RCs and fish.

Just making conversation and was genuinely curious what else do you all do when NOT playing with RC cars??

I have two kids and wonderful lady at home and so when my time isn't consumed by the family or work and when I make time for myself that isn't RC related, I find myself in the wood shop making various projects that have come to mind.

A few years back I got into luthier work and have been traveling down that road for a while now. Currently I am working on 4 Ukuleles with no plans to stop...why would I need so many Ukes you ask, well I don't, so I tend to have a few laying around and then give/sell them when an opportunity arrises.

Some current shop pics of the Ukes in various stages and some finished.
View attachment 445

View attachment 446

View attachment 447

I know most of you guys who play with RC's are tinkerers so lets see what else you do!?!

Thanx,
Tbuggy

Just as food for thought. If you had a really cool looking cigar box, you could make a sweet cigar box uke. especially since you have the neck work down.

You guys have more time and money than me, it appears. I have a small gardening project going currently, but due to some Federal Laws, I will let you figure out what I'm growing. I do as much fishing as I can. See Avatar.... From Halibut to yellow tail to blue gill or crappie in the lake, if it swims I want to catch it, and most likely eat it. I did not eat the leopard shark in the avatar pic. She was a fully mature reproductive female, so she got to go back. Was really torn on that one. I had never caught a keeper (36 inches) and have wanted one for a few years. This thing comes up at over 60 inches and I threw her back. Had it been a male, he would have seen how sharp a 20 year old fillet knife is. I'm sure I have more $$$ into my fishing gear than I do my RC gear. I also coach my kids' softball and baseball teams. And then I do what ever I can to keep the wife happy enough to let me play with RCs and fish.

I definitely do not have an excess of funds...but I do have hobbies to support my other hobbies, its a big repeating cycle.LOL

Small gardening project eh?? I can relate to small gardening projects, but they always ended up bigger than planned, always thinking to myself...."there looks like room for one more over there!!" LOL

Just as food for thought. If you had a really cool looking cigar box, you could make a sweet cigar box uke. especially since you have the neck work down.

You know, maybe down the line, I will make one for fun, but I am a total sucker when it comes to taking a billet of wood and creating something from it!!

All of my uke parts are made from blocks/billets of wood and aren't pre-made parts. The only parts I buy pre-made and don't make myself are the tuners, fret wire and strings. I make all my own lining, purfling, bindings, fret boards, necks, bracing, shape my own nut and saddles (out of bovine bone) and more recently my own fretboard markers and inlays (out of abalone and oyster shells).

I get a lot of satisfaction making something that sounds as beautiful as it looks!!

Was just asked to build 5 more on top of my current projects now, so I have/will be pretty busy in the shop all summer!!

You know, maybe down the line, I will make one for fun, but I am a total sucker when it comes to taking a billet of wood and creating something from it!!

All of my uke parts are made from blocks/billets of wood and aren't pre-made parts. The only parts I buy pre-made and don't make myself are the tuners, fret wire and strings. I make all my own lining, purfling, bindings, fret boards, necks, bracing, shape my own nut and saddles (out of bovine bone) and more recently my own fretboard markers and inlays (out of abalone and oyster shells).

I get a lot of satisfaction making something that sounds as beautiful as it looks!!

Was just asked to build 5 more on top of my current projects now, so I have/will be pretty busy in the shop all summer!!

WOW, that's some serious craftsmanship. I wish I had some kind of artistic capability. I feel accomplished when I color, and stay in side the lines.

Recent Popular Liked

Back