• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What other hobbies do you guys have/do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
Just making conversation and was genuinely curious what else do you all do when NOT playing with RC cars??

I have two kids and wonderful lady at home and so when my time isn't consumed by the family or work and when I make time for myself that isn't RC related, I find myself in the wood shop making various projects that have come to mind.

A few years back I got into luthier work and have been traveling down that road for a while now. Currently I am working on 4 Ukuleles with no plans to stop...why would I need so many Ukes you ask, well I don't, so I tend to have a few laying around and then give/sell them when an opportunity arrises.

Some current shop pics of the Ukes in various stages and some finished.
IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

I know most of you guys who play with RC's are tinkerers so lets see what else you do!?!

Thanx,
Tbuggy

I ride bicycles, motorcycles, fly fish, I like to do a few overnight backpack trips during the winter months, paddle boarding, slack line and drink BEER.

Ah yes fishing and hiking!! I don't do any fly fishing myself but get I do get out on the boat and love to catch me some Salmon and Halibut!! Just had bbq Halibut for dinner in fact.;)

Last edited:
That sounds delicious.(y):)

I also have a couple ukes but I'm no good at playing. To many hobbies to be any good.

Being a wood worker at heart I wish I could play them as pretty as I make them, LOL!

As long as you can play a couple chords, thats all you need...just strum away!!

@TBuggy that's some pretty awesome work right there man!

Other hobbies, other than RC's? Does running half dozen websites or so count? :D haha. RC's and websites aside I like to try to find time to doing some gardening work and doing some mountain biking when I can.

Though working full time, two kids, a wife, and a bunch of websites doesn't leave a ton of extra time to do much else. ;)

My main hobbies are racing motocross and playing hockey. I'm in my 30's now but still try to stay active in the sports that I grew up loving. I also ride mountain bikes and street bikes (Yamaha R6).

Crazy Bill!...that looks like too much work!
Nice Ukelele’s tbuggy!
There’s not enough hours in a day. I also like to mountain bike, hike, kayak...mostly with wife and kids when we can make the time. But my main hobby has been my full time occupation for about 22 years now. I do chainsaw wood carvings...maybe my username will make more sense now:)
53EB78FF-668B-4319-9BD9-BCBA557C65D2.jpeg
647734FD-24E0-4779-87EB-10F31D689E06.jpeg
388E1AD8-EF6E-4F81-952A-833B304250AD.jpeg
A0A59B06-1790-46A9-A324-3AE6E43438C4.jpeg
Here’s a link to my eBay store. We sell some smaller carvings on here that are easy to ship size/weight. But most of my business is local.
https://www.ebay.com/str/chainsawcarvingcritters

Last edited:
Now thats cool guys! I knew there were some multi talented people in the bunch!

@WoodiE- It makes sense you are into websites! LOL! Gardening is something that has always been a part of my life too...my backyard/koi pond.
IMG_3160.JPG

@Billl DeLong- thats pretty awesome stuff...I know a few people into races like that, I will just say I have some respect for you guys who can run and swim those long distances. I know it ain't easy!

@AJH387- Hockey, now thats a tuff-guy sport right there!

@Chainsaw10- Your screen name makes a ton more sense now!! I have always liked chainsaw carvings, you sir have a nice touch! I like that wizard and the owls, actually I like them all, the eagle is pretty bad-a too!

Thanx for sharing your hobbies/talents...keep them coming everyone!

My hobbies are slowly disappearing sadly.

Used to play volleyball and basketball - too hard on the body now.
Working on websites - Lost the passion ages ago. Jaded, tech has become a thankless job unlike it was back then.
Collecting Toy Robots - stopped buying and planning to sell most of what I have
Photography - Sold almost all my gear
R/C - on the endangered list...

Well with three kids and two jobs its hard to do much, but I do like to hunt and fish, play golf (I am scratch), coach my kids sports teams from football base/softball and basketball, and I also shoot archery. I use to shoot professionally until I had to have shoulder surgery.

Poker! I used to have a weekly texas hold'em tournaments at my house. They went on for two plus years straight! Those were some good nights!

Back in 2009 and 2010 I was the Northest champion of professional midget throwing(NCPMT). I don’t throw midgets competitively anymore, but I still enjoy tossing an occasional midget if I happen to cross paths with one out in public. Those little bastards get pissed! ...but by the time I chuck them ten feet away, their little legs can’t run fast enough to catch up with me.

Back in 2009 and 2010 I was the Northest champion of professional midget throwing(NCPMT). I don’t throw midgets competitively anymore, but I still enjoy tossing an occasional midget if I happen to cross paths with one out in public. Those little bastards get pissed! ...but by the time I chuck them ten feet away, their little legs can’t run fast enough to catch up with me.

I couldn't help myself and look midget tossing up and its real!! LOL!!
http://twistededge.org/Funny_As_Hell/World_According/Midget_Throwing/

Hell yeah it’s real! You think I’m lying? I was Northeast regional midget throwing champion 2009-2010

Hell yeah it’s real! You think I’m lying? I was Northeast regional midget throwing champion 2009-2010

Ha Ha Ha now that's some funny poop right there. I was like WTF did he just write. Of all things to be proud of, throwing a little person is definitely not the first thing to come to mind.

Recent Popular Liked

Back