• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What motor/ESC combo do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my cheap stock sensorless HW's are almost crawling like smooth.

I was looking for a very smooth combo but not sensored without cogging and I'm very happy with the Hobbywing Ezrun WP SC8 120 and the Tenshock x802 v2 on my Eb-48.3
This motor is a 6 pole and the hobbywing esc are working very well with them
The combo new was less then 100€
I purchased a Tenshock 6-pole a while back but have not used it yet. Now I'm really looking forward to it!

Running the HW XR8/4300 combo in my 410.3. Great set up, just watch those motor bearings. Replaced mine twice so far.
What size pinion are you using?

What size pinion are you using?
I started with a 17, but the track was small, so I dropped to a 14. It helped while I was learning. Now I run 17 on just about any track and after the NE Tekno team manager drove my truck, he suggested jumping to an 18. Punch level is at 4, but she’s a beast under throttle. Most tracks only see the bottom quarter of my trigger until the straight away.

I run Hobbywing in my Tekno, 22 4.0SR and mini 8ight-t. To me, they are the most quality for your $. I like Tekin and castle too, depending on the application.

Very happy with Tekin works flawlessly and easy to program

Hobbywing is my go to. Best deal for the buck and waterproof. Tekin is not. Easy to have all the same make when it comes to programing etc.

I have Tekin and Team orion in my 1/10 buggies Love them both. Team Orion has been super nice to drive in my buggy. The Tekin system is great for shedding weight (is why I got it).

In my 1/8 scale I was running Castle ESC with HW motor in one and a Tekin motor in the other. Just switched both to HW ESC's now and am really digging them!

I use Hobbywing XR8 sct pro in all my Tekno rides. Far as motors go, in the sct410.3 Hobbywing 4000kv, eb48.4 Hobbywing gen 2 1900kv, and et48.3 SMC 2100kv.

Ok, I'm a total newb to electric rc. I ordered Castle Creations 1/8 Sidewinder Brushless 1515B 2200Kv Motor & Speed Control ESC from ebay, was on sale for $169.
Now I am seeing that this is not exactly what people here were talking about and I'm not sure how it will work. Should I use this or return it? It will be going in my used mt410 roller. I believe the pinion I have is 17t.

Ok, I'm a total newb to electric rc. I ordered Castle Creations 1/8 Sidewinder Brushless 1515B 2200Kv Motor & Speed Control ESC from ebay, was on sale for $169.
Now I am seeing that this is not exactly what people here were talking about and I'm not sure how it will work. Should I use this or return it? It will be going in my used mt410 roller. I believe the pinion I have is 17t.
It should work however depending on how heavy your mt410 is you might run into issues. The 1/8 scale sidewinder is rated for 1/8 vehicles up to 11 pounds. Most folks would probably use the mamba monster x instead as it is more powerful. The 1515 motor that they both come with is the same and is great for bashing.

So what will add more weight? Bigger tires, more aluminum, bigger mah LiPo, additional bracing for durability, etc...something to think about.

I have no extra aluminum parts right now, won't be adding any unless i break something, except for a wheelie bar perhaps. Tires are duratrax 6 pack. I may just keep an eye out for a different esc and start with this one until I find a deal. Budget is pretty low right now.

I have no extra aluminum parts right now, won't be adding any unless i break something, except for a wheelie bar perhaps. Tires are duratrax 6 pack. I may just keep an eye out for a different esc and start with this one until I find a deal. Budget is pretty low right now.
Then you should be fine!

Any thoughts on a HW Max6 and Hobbysar 4082 1600kv in the mt410? this will be my first Tekno build and will just be beating on it as hard as possible. Would like to run 6s mainly. I live in north Texas, our average summer temps are 95-100. temps can be difficult to keep down at times.

Any thoughts on a HW Max6 and Hobbysar 4082 1600kv in the mt410? this will be my first Tekno build and will just be beating on it as hard as possible. Would like to run 6s mainly. I live in north Texas, our average summer temps are 95-100. temps can be difficult to keep down at times.
If you can swing it, I’d pick up the m2c mt410 game changer chassis. It is wider and will allow for a max6 to mount directly to the chassis. If you are looking at the 4082 then you might as well go for the 4092. Larger can can help with temps. Throw on a pair of motor fans and the temps will be pretty good, though there is only so much you can do with the outside temps in TX.

You can also mount the max6 on top of the center diff with an esc plate made by m2c and M3. I actually have the M3 lying around if you are interested. Only issue with mounting it above the center diff is making sure a body will fit correctly since the esc is mounted so high.

I didn't think a 4092 would fit on the stock chassis or I would. If it does, thats a better option. My normal tendency is to all out on a build from the start. I promised myself I would start this one as is mostly and upgrade down the road. So besides some additional TBR parts I fissured I would stick mainly stock.

I would not get hung up on manufacturering location , Castle is designed and engineered in Kansas and is an American company unlike HW. I had Tekin, it’s as good as the Mamba Monster X but it’s cheaper and waaaaaay easier and cheaper to program I guess that is what it came down to for me. I also have 7 ESCs from Castle in use, none of them have failed, one of them is from 2008.

for real? You have 7 and None of your Castle ESCs have failed?! That’s impressive. I’m in the market for a new ESC because my Tekin RX8 just died after 3 months. Should I go with a Castle? I love my Tekin motor. Can a Tekin t8 gen3 motor work with a Castle ESC?

Recent Popular Liked

Back