• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What did I do wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papi Chingon

Reaction score
Finally finished the assembly and my front end is all jacked up looking, lol. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it?

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190727_204634.jpg
    20190727_204634.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 318
Finally finished the assembly and my front end is all jacked up looking, lol. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it?

Any help appreciated.

Did you set the front turnbuckles to the correct length as stated in the manual?

Also check that the grey steering rack is the right way round.

The front wheels should be slightly toe-ed out but not that much!

You used the right turnbuckle in the right place?
Yes, the turnbuckles were installed in the holes specified in the manual. I took off the camber links and turnbuckles to see what needed adjustment and got the bulk of the problem sorted out. The turnbuckles were the majority of the problem, so thank you for suggesting that. What is odd is the right side hub carrier doesn't sit at the same angle as the left one. It points somewhat down in comparison, so the tire on that side is angled so the outside is taking the majority of the weight, yet the right side sits as it should, completely flat. Oh well, it is about as good as I can get it for now.

Yes, the turnbuckles were installed in the holes specified in the manual. I took off the camber links and turnbuckles to see what needed adjustment and got the bulk of the problem sorted out. The turnbuckles were the majority of the problem, so thank you for suggesting that. What is odd is the right side hub carrier doesn't sit at the same angle as the left one. It points somewhat down in comparison, so the tire on that side is angled so the outside is taking the majority of the weight, yet the right side sits as it should, completely flat. Oh well, it is about as good as I can get it for now.

View attachment 3121
Check that the inner end of the camber links are both attached to the correct hole on the shock tower. I believe it's bottom left?

Check that the inner end of the camber links are both attached to the correct hole on the shock tower. I believe it's bottom left?
The manual has the stock setting as being the upper outside hole and that is where mine are. I also have the correct hole for where they connect to the hub carrier. Really weird that one side is exactly where it should be and the other is slightly off. Oh well, I'm not going to stress over it unless it's all screwy once I get it running.
I really wanted to take it out for a rip when I got everything done, but quickly realized that wasn't happening since my batteries are too long for the tray. When I ordered the engine and esc combo I had the option of t plugs or traxxas plugs. I figured that even though traxxas plugs aren't the best, I should just order it with those connectors since I have a slash and xmaxx, so I wouldn't need to order new batteries. Wrong! Lol. The traxxas batteries are too long for the tray, so for now this truck will sit until I have the money for new batteries. I'll probably need a new charger for them as well since I think the traxxas chargers only charge traxxas ID batteries. So many mistakes in this build, it might be a lifetime project haha.

Maybe someone will be able to see what's wrong if you take a closer picture of the turnbuckles and hubs w/out the wheels attached.

Have you confirmed that your turnbuckles are all adjusted so that their corresponding link on the opposite side of truck (left and right) is the same length?

Do you have a set of calipers, if not this is a perfect time to get some. They will help you immensely when messing around with RC setups.

That's a great idea. All I did was line up the turnbuckles and camber links to the manual. Yesterday I saw I was not exact (both sides), so I made adjustments, but never compared each side to eachother. I did one side at a time, amd ended up doing it twice on the right side since it was still wonky. Thanks for the tip.

The traxxas charger will charge non traxxas batteries. There is a cover plate on the front that hides the balance lead port.

The traxxas charger will charge non traxxas batteries. There is a cover plate on the front that hides the balance lead port.
No kidding? Right on! Thank you for that tip, I had no idea. You just saved me some money. I appreciate that.

Its all in your steering and camber link turnbuckle seting... Ad others im sure have said. All of the Tekno rigs ive built came out perfect making them to the exact length in the manual...

Recent Popular Liked

Back