• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What cars do you have in your fleet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a relative RC newbie and presently only have 1/10 Traxxas RCs. So, I am well versed in Traxxas "Upgraditis" which while an enjoyable condition (somewhat) is an almost incurable condition. Now that I look back I realize that I would be further ahead fiscally and performancewise if I had of gone with 1/8 RCs in the first place.

My first foray into my first Stampede 4X4 VXl last all of 5 minutes or so until a large crash which broke the chassis, front bulkhead, broke the steering bellhorn, bent the centre driveshaft, and broke the servo case, receiver case, and the ESC case! Well done. LOL!

After the rebuild it is better and at least it got me over any possible fears I had of wrenching on or modifying an RC.

It also led to further improvements. The latest is upgrading the plastic motor mount to an aluminum King Headz motor mounts and a Tekno "Big Bone" driveshaft.

The other Stampede has been on the sidelines for a bit. It is obvious that 3mm shock shafts and I do not get along. I have GTR shocks to go onto this which at least are 3.5mm shocks. The Kraton has 4mm shock shafts and the Team Redcat BE6S and Losi 3XL-E has 5mm shock shafts.

This is my pricey Rustler. Luckily I bought it used with the other Stampede and I got both for less than the cost of a new Stampede. However, I have put a ton of cash into this thing. However, it turned out sweet and now is pretty well sorted. Initially though it had a cracked/damaged front bulkead and a busted transmission case (and the transmission had issues as well).

It is so gratifying to take a weak and substandard part like this stock front bulkhead and upgrade it to something far superior like this STRC aluminum bulkhead.

Same with this weak transmission case that had bit the dust.

To the superior RPM version (although there are even better options from Hot Racing, Proline etc).

It is still on stock power and next I will be experimenting with different pinions and spurs. It is now on Proline Dirthawgs on Desperado wheels which is a very similar diameter to the stock wheels and tires. A ESC fan is incoming and I will see how the RC performs once I find a Pinion/Spur ratio that gives me the speed I want without overheating the motor and ESC. At some point I may try out an aftermarket motor/ESC and try 4S power. At this point though it would have been cheaper to just snag an Arrma Tallion! LOL!

There are not that many stock parts in it really. Driveshafts are the upgraded steel ones. The only thing left stock really is the main chassis and upperchassis (and the motor, ESC, and servo).
Even the steering bellhorn etc got swapped over.

While I appreciate that I can bash in a smaller area than a larger scale I am done with 1/10. I think 1/8 may be a sweet spot for me.

I should have an Outcast in a few weeks and that will be my gateway to another level or solidity and performance. After that I have my eye on either the Arrma Kraton or Team Outcast BE6S. Not ready for a full kit yet. I will continue to upgrade my RCs and do what wrenching I can.

I do have an interest in a buggy to bash with and other than an Arrma Typhon I do not know what other Buggy would be a good one to start with.

My current stable consists of
  • Arrma Fury turned stripped down Raider
  • Team Associated APEX touring car kit
  • Team Associated SC10
  • Traxxas Bigfoot
  • Traxxas T Maxx getting an e conversion
  • LaTrax 1/18 Rally
  • Axial Yeti Jr.
  • Axial SCX10 Deadbolt
  • Axial RR10 Bomber
Next on the list will be Tekno(s)

I have been a loyal Redcat fan for many years now. I have been buying Redcat products for years and have accumulated quite the collection. Redcat has truly stepped up to the plate and has some amazing models under the Team Redcat brand.

Just recently I have become obsessed with Hobao products, so I'm now actively starting to build my new collection.

I've owned one Tekno, which was the original short course model. It was built like a tank and I was thoroughly impressed by the quality and parts support. I wish that Tekno would expand the line and offer a truggy, but I can certainly understand that they focus on the popular classes such as 1/8 ebuggy and short course.

I have been a loyal Redcat fan for many years now. I have been buying Redcat products for years and have accumulated quite the collection. Redcat has truly stepped up to the plate and has some amazing models under the Team Redcat brand.

Just recently I have become obsessed with Hobao products, so I'm now actively starting to build my new collection.

I've owned one Tekno, which was the original short course model. It was built like a tank and I was thoroughly impressed by the quality and parts support. I wish that Tekno would expand the line and offer a truggy, but I can certainly understand that they focus on the popular classes such as 1/8 ebuggy and short course.
Do you mean a 1/10 truggy or a just truggy in general? They do have the ET48.3 and NT48.3 for 1/8 truggies.

Yes, good catch. Sorry, sometimes my fingers type without my brain in sync.

I'm primarily a 1/10 guy, so a 1/10 truggy is an oddball thing, but something I wish I saw more often.

My fleet so far:
  • Arrma Nero
  • Arrma Talion
  • Team Durango DESC410
  • Team Durango DEST210
  • 3x Team Durango DEX210 (crpet, dirt ans one for spares)
  • Tamiya TT-01 - the one that got me started with the hobby
  • + 2 planes, a drone.
I need more storage space :D

@MailManX yeah, I think your wife may be on to something there :ROFLMAO:

I've owen a brushed stampede, a nitro redcat volcano, and a arrma kraton. I also have a dji phantom 2 that I've flown a total of 10 times. The quadcopter is neat and everything, I just don't get much enjoyment out of flying it, maybe naza mode would help that.

@MailManX yeah, I think your wife may be on to something there :ROFLMAO:

I've owen a brushed stampede, a nitro redcat volcano, and a arrma kraton. I also have a dji phantom 2 that I've flown a total of 10 times. The quadcopter is neat and everything, I just don't get much enjoyment out of flying it, maybe naza mode would help that.
I have flown a Phantom but do not own one. It is impressive as hell, but I don't think it was ever meant to be fun. It is a serious photography platform. In that arena, it is a stand out.

I have GTR shocks to go onto this which at least are 3.5mm shocks.

Man, that's a seriously bent shock! I had the same problem with the Stampede. I originally upgraded it from stock to GTR, but I still occasionally bent a shaft. After I upgraded to 16mm big bore shocks from an 1/8th scale buggy, I never had any more shock problems.

I have flown a Phantom but do not own one. It is impressive as hell, but I don't think it was ever meant to be fun. It is a serious photography platform. In that arena, it is a stand out.

I have to agree with you there about not meant for fun. I see you have airplanes, are those fun to fly? I've been looking into them while at the LHS but haven't decided on anything yet.

I have to agree with you there about not meant for fun. I see you have airplanes, are those fun to fly? I've been looking into them while at the LHS but haven't decided on anything yet.
For people just learning to fly drones, I think that a relative "cheap" GPS-enabled drone such as the Bugs B2W is a good place to start (I have one and can vouch for it's excellent value and great performance). That way, when the newbie pilot gets disoriented, he just lets go of the sticks. When he gets lost, he switches on RTH. Some call that cheating, but I see it was training wheels. My kids all learned to ride a bike using training wheels. Use the quad with it's GPS training wheels, then use it without that as you get better!

Tekno MT410
Losi 5R Mini Cooper (Brushless conversion by Aauman88)
King Motor 5BSS BL (Converted to 5T by Cmbsxc10)
Traxxas TRX4
Axial Yeti XL (X2)
Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS (Thanks Pauly)
1/6 Scale Jeep TJ on 40's (Custom Build Work in Progress)
EmeryworX RR10 Bomber (Work in Progress)
Nuova Faor SF501
Thunder Tiger SB5
Can Am Spyder on TA TC4 Chassis (Work in Progress)
Dale Earnhardt Go Kart (Converted to BL 3S by Cmbsxc10)

I'll jump in.

Tekno MT410
Tekno SCT410.3
Hot Bodies D8T Tekno V4 E-Conversion
HPI Vorza based SWB D8T
Thunder Tiger ST-1 E-Conversion
Thunder Tiger EB4G3 based SWB K-Rock
Thunder Tiger Kaiser XS
Thunder Tiger Bushmaster 8E-MT
Axial Wraith
Traxxas FLM E-Maxx
Redcat Rampage MT-E conversion

Think that's it...but there's always tomorrow:)

A little embarrassed I only have traxxas stuff. X-Maxx, upgraded slash 4x4. Son has a rally. I used to have a gas HPI Baja but the neighbors didn't like it very much and couldn't get it to wheelie without tons of money into the engine

Yeah, I got issues. I'll probably end up selling some, but I'm probably done buying more kits for now.

RTR:
Vaterra Ascender K10
MST MTX-1
MST CMX Unimog
Traxxas TRX-4 Bronco

Built:
Kyosho Raider
Kyosho Tracker
Tamiya VW Amarok WT-01
Tamiya Super Clod Buster
Tamiya Lunch Box x2
Tamiya TT-01E VW GTI