• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Want to build 120 MPH speedrun car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damnthatcarsfast

Reaction score
Been wanting to build a 120+ mph speedrun car on a Techno platform for some time now.

I've already built 3 100 + cars on a Rustler platform, just like everyone and there brother has also. Needless to say the quality I'm looking for is not there with Traxxas. So before I start spending my youngest child's college tuition money. I would be interested to here other people's suggestions ideas or whatever may help with my build. What chassis to start with? Has to be 1/10th and I have the ESC and motor & those are 6th scale by the way.

So this is going to be a car that can run in the 90s mph range all day with out breaking a sweat on 3 cells. And can be ramped up to 8 cell crazy only run at the private air strip in the desert car.

I've always been amazed at you guys who can drive the cars that fast. The fastest I've driven an RC was 60mph on my RC8.2e with street tires. Part of my problem is sight, I think. Even with glasses, I get that rig far enough away to be able to drive it for more than 2 seconds and I can barely see it. Then it comes screaming back at me and, in no time and all, it's already passed me then I'm off the throttle to keep it from disappearing in the other direction. It obviously takes a special person to drive those 100+ mph cars. I bow to your expertise!(y)

I agree. I think the secret is to stand up high on something.

I used to think that hitting jumps at 50 MPH was hard, then I got good at it. Learned how to control the car in the air, and how to land on all fours etc. Then I put on a 20 tooth Pinion, and ran it to one end of a Soccer field. Then was going to speed run back down over the length of 2 soccer fields, I was in the middle. I had to make one small correction about half way back, at 70 MPH or so, and it traction rolled, then cart wheeled for 50 yards. I took that pinion off and in my box it sits. I would like to build a speed specific car, but bashing is where my heart is. The moral of the story is dang, that speed stuff is hard.

that's why you need multiple cars! speed and bash don't really mix well!

Been wanting to build a 120+ mph speedrun car on a Techno platform for some time now.

I've already built 3 100 + cars on a Rustler platform, just like everyone and there brother has also. Needless to say the quality I'm looking for is not there with Traxxas. So before I start spending my youngest child's college tuition money. I would be interested to here other people's suggestions ideas or whatever may help with my build. What chassis to start with? Has to be 1/10th and I have the ESC and motor & those are 6th scale by the way.

So this is going to be a car that can run in the 90s mph range all day with out breaking a sweat on 3 cells. And can be ramped up to 8 cell crazy only run at the private air strip in the desert car.
I would recommend the EB48.X buggy, it will be the best platform for speed. This is my buggy on the truggy chassis but gives you an idea of the capability. This is a TP 4070 and Castle XL2. I'll be going with a different layout in the next few weeks.

EB48-1.png

Recent Popular Liked

Back