• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Traxxas X-Maxx tires for MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJVadnais

Reaction score
I bought some XMaxx tires on Jenny’s RC. I did not know stupid traxxas has a completely different hub system. Bought the adapter. No go. Does anyone sell the insert that would adapt strait to a normal 17mm hub? Otherwise I’m going to start drilling and cutting so the Tekno hub will go into the traxxas adapter.

I don't know the depth of hex in those Xmaxx wheels, but I'd go with the +2mm hubs. You don't lose much even if they're a tiny bit more than you need, and it is better to be safe than sorry.

I used the 0mm stock offset hubs with some Arrma Backflips (not following the advice on this forum to use +2mm) and the result was a huge mess of melted plastic. Luckily, even though all 4 wheels and all 4 carriers were slightly damaged, none of them was ruined, but we're talking about well over $100 worth of parts that were damaged due to using the wrong hub.

All that happened after just 1 run (the power of the motor I use is so insanely high that I couldn't feel the resistance of the wheels rubbing on the carriers).

If you get a chance, I'd love to know the outer diameter of those X-maxx tires. They seem pretty large, which means you might need the smallest pinion (15t) and a low kv motor. Otherwise your overall gearing will just be too high and motor temps might be a problem.

8” tall 4” wide.
I do need an offset. The problem is a standard 17mm hex doesn’t fit the tire. Traxxas has that stupid adapter

How are you going go prevent the dog bone end of cvd from popping out of drive cups?, also a lot of the impact energy is going to be transfected to your shocks and arms.

How are you going go prevent the dog bone end of cvd from popping out of drive cups?, also a lot of the impact energy is going to be transfected to your shocks and arms.

Are people having this issue with the MT? I have never had this issue with any of my teknos.

If this is an issue you can probably solve that by reducing the droop.

Are people having this issue with the MT? I have never had this issue with any of my teknos.

If this is an issue you can probably solve that by reducing the droop.
I probably should have phrased my post as "asking if it will be an issue." I am still in the building process of an mt410 and et48.3 so have not yet run a tekno.

I know from past conversations, and owning a variety of flat chassis or mt truggy/buggy rc's that installing taller tires can cause problems when the chassis does not slap the ground before suspension at full compression.

The thunder tiger mt4-g3 came stock with tires that were taller than the suspension travel which would result in the arms becoming bowed downward, other rcs it can cause the the drive cups to break when the dogbone end of the cvd would hit inside of drive cup.

I just threw a set of tires on my mt410 which are taller than the x-maxx tires to check if cvd bottomed out in diff output drive cup, it does not because the shocks bottom out first, all the impact energy will be on the shocks/ shock standoffs and tower, but sounds like it is not really an issue, other than maybe purchasing the M2c standoffs, and aluminum shock caps to help prevent breakage.

Post a pic of what this thing looks like with these tires

Those are direct fit for the Tekno. Sadly exactly what came with the kit. Traxxas hub has a spline on the hub that fits into that unquie nut you see on the tire pic. That is held on by a clip. Then it fits into the tire. I sent them back. Thanks for the input!

Couldn’t make it work. I would have had to carve the insert to fit the Tekno hub. Sent them back.
i would have just used a dremel to grind out those little tabs and make that a standard hex...

Recent Popular Liked

Back