• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Traxxas receiver and transmitter in EB48 2.0?

Nvhywycop

Reaction score
Transmitter and receiver. I decided to build an EB48 2.0 bc I really wanted a buggy but couldn’t find any RTR that I liked. I live in the country and built a 100’x100’ track that just my kids a few buddies and I race for fun. I have a few Traxxas RTR with the blue link in the controller. Is it possible to put a Traxxas receiver in my EB 48 2.0 and run it with my Traxxas transmitter? I plan on putting in the Tekin Gen 3 with the 2250 kV. If I can, am I taking any risks in damaging my buggy? Or would I just be missing out on the extra tuning and modifying of it? If I can’t then are there some affordable options you can recommend? Thank you!!!

nub

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Is it possible to put a Traxxas receiver in my EB 48 2.0 and run it with my Traxxas transmitter?

Sure you can. Not sure what risk of damage you're referring to. Just remembered though that Traxxas limits the bec to 6 volts and I believe that's what the receiver is rated for. I've heard of some running up to 7 volts on the receiver with no issue so if your Tekin is adjustable keep that in mind.

MAVERICK

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Transmitter and receiver. I decided to build an EB48 2.0 bc I really wanted a buggy but couldn’t find any RTR that I liked. I live in the country and built a 100’x100’ track that just my kids a few buddies and I race for fun. I have a few Traxxas RTR with the blue link in the controller. Is it possible to put a Traxxas receiver in my EB 48 2.0 and run it with my Traxxas transmitter? I plan on putting in the Tekin Gen 3 with the 2250 kV. If I can, am I taking any risks in damaging my buggy? Or would I just be missing out on the extra tuning and modifying of it? If I can’t then are there some affordable options you can recommend? Thank you!!!
Yes it will work

But

You can get an entry level spektrum or futaba for under 150$ or the next jump will be around 270$

if you have multiple rigs or plan on getting more in the future a nice rx/tx set up is a must In my opinion