• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Can you put traxxas self rollover in mt410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhills42

Reaction score
Hey there new to the thread but i Just got my first mt410. Built everything out of the box to the tee with the manual. My first question is the steering links. When one wheel hub is straight the other is turned in quit a bit. I'm assuming it's just the matter of adjusting the steering rods but want to make sure that's normal when setting the rods to the factory 60.4mm I believe it was.

Second is a buddy of mine has the maxx and I really want to know if I can put traxxas tqi Transmitter and receiver with tsm in my mt410 and still have the self rollover feature? If so could that also be really bad for the diffs as they were not technically designed for it.

As far as other electronics I only have a tekin rx8 g3 esc. No motor no servo no wheels or tires yet. Going to try double stacking 2 2s 5000mah lipos to make one 4s. Unsure of the motor to get or what kv is best.
Thanks to all in advance

Attachments

• 20220503_185255.jpg
    20220503_185255.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 20220503_185323.jpg
    20220503_185323.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220503_185336.jpg
    20220503_185336.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 108
The toe change as demonstrated in the Tekno article is exaggerated a bit. The Ackerman angle is used to keep the tires spinning and not slipping/skipping when going around a corner. The inside tire is supposed to turn at a higher rate than the outside. Rc cars also run toe out in the front and toe in for the rear.

The kit builds with toe out. If you straighten one side like in your photo it's going to exaggerate the way it looks on the other side. I didn't measure the toe on mine but it looks like more than the .5 listed in the manual, others have commented the same. It's tunable, you can go more, less or toe in. Personally I like it at or around zero in the front.

You can use the traxxas electronics if you want. I would not use the self righting in any vehicle regardless of brand. It's a diff killer. You would also need a body with a rounded shape to some degree to get it to rock.

The Arrma backflip LP's are a popular tire choice for this truck.
I don't have experience with your esc but motor kv from 1650 to 2200 are common on 4S.
Keep in mind the bec is not adjustable on the traxxas esc at 6V when looking at servos. I have several Ecopower WP120T I've been happy with for 70 bucks in a range of vehicles.

Hey there new to the thread but i Just got my first mt410. Built everything out of the box to the tee with the manual. My first question is the steering links. When one wheel hub is straight the other is turned in quit a bit. I'm assuming it's just the matter of adjusting the steering rods but want to make sure that's normal when setting the rods to the factory 60.4mm I believe it was.

Second is a buddy of mine has the maxx and I really want to know if I can put traxxas tqi Transmitter and receiver with tsm in my mt410 and still have the self rollover feature? If so could that also be really bad for the diffs as they were not technically designed for it.

As far as other electronics I only have a tekin rx8 g3 esc. No motor no servo no wheels or tires yet. Going to try double stacking 2 2s 5000mah lipos to make one 4s. Unsure of the motor to get or what kv is best.
Thanks to all in advance

Just thought I'd put my opinion out there in regards to the Tekin ESC... don't do it! Not for this truck.

I run the Tekin rx8 gen3 in my SCT410.3 for club racing, and I do like it because it's light and keeping the weight down in the front was important to me. (I previously ran it in my EB48)

However, in my MT410 you'll definitely want to go with something more durable for bashing. For one, the tekin is not waterproof, and it's expensive.

In my MT I went with the Castle Mamba Monster X because it had the aux cable which is awesome for bashing. It lets me enable torque control on the fly on the MT to keep it in check when I need it to be or a wild animal at other times....no need to use a usb programmer or anything to change settings. Do it all from your transmitter.

In my EB48 I run the new hobbywing ezrun max8 gen2. I went with this because I wanted to give it a good comparison between the tekin and the castle. It's also waterproof, fully sensored, and has the new cooling system. Very cool stuff!

I'd say if you're bashing, go for the hobbywing, if you want extra settings like the extra aux channel or great logging features, go for the Castle. And finally, if racing (which you probably arent doing on the MT) then, and only THEN consider the Tekin.

I know you probably shouldn’t do this but to flip my MT410 back onto wheels I only have to accelerate and brake until it rocks back into the wheels. I do have bigger tires (will have to check which ones) and running castle mmx and 2200kv motor.
I haven’t changed any of the stock settings so my truck is still running toe in as per build manual. You can adjust it but I don’t have a need to, handles the best out of 11 RCs I have.

Recent Popular Liked

Back