• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

The very end !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic01

Reaction score
Well finally getting to the very end of the awesome mt410 build ! I can't get solder to stick to the motor poles ,, HELP !

Are you tinning your soldering tip, the wire ends and your motor tabs before attempting your soldering?

Here is a video I found on youtube that explains this a little more in detail.

Definitely pre tin both the poles and the wire or else it will not stick. Once you pre-tin it, you basically just melt them together and then let them cool.

Thanx guys , I knew that stuff , but I figgered that this new soldering pen from Lowe's is crap , so I ordered a nice one on line , then I'll giver another go , gotta get this thing flying before the snow does around here , jeeeeeze ! Summer disappeared !☹️

Having a good soldering iron is essential. My technique has improved over the years. Experience is key, and the only way to get it is to do it.

It appears the guy in the video is probably using a fairly high temp on his iron. He dissipates heat quickly, which can cause problems for the less experienced at soldering. If you leave the iron on your workpiece for too long it can damage components, and an ESC is definitely something that can happen to.

Also, use a fan and move the smoke away from your work area. You don't want to be breathing that stuff. And wear safety glasses too.

I got the new soldering station , all went real well and fast , wow ! More heat is the answer as previously mentioned , thank u much for that !

I put a couple good drives on this thing , jeeeeeze ! I believe the 2250 kv is a over shot in the power plant , can't hit full throttle without leaving the ground , I'm thinking the 1700 is just right , but this thing is insanely controlled rig , so fun

I've been trying back flips for a long time with not much to brag about , well till I tried it with my Mt !! I'm doing continuis successfully back flips with my favorite RC out of ,, I think 20 , this thing is awesome , not kidding !

Recent Popular Liked

Back