• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Xerun 4268 G2 becomes very hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcovd

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to RC cars and just bought a second hand Tekno 48.4 with engine: XERUN 4268 G2 and XERUN XR8 SCR as controller.
It run perfect for one day and it suddenly stopped.
When I now try to run it a again the engine will not run, only after several times using the throttle it wil start.
I already calibrated the throttle but it does not change anything.

When I connect the battery and turn it on the led of the controller blinks 4 times (I use a 4S battery) and the led is off.
When I then use the throttle the led blinks red and the enige knocks a bit.
Sometimes when I turn the axle of the engine it will start.
When it is started/runs it will keep on running perfect (I believe, I just tried for a few minutes a few times) until I turn the controller off and on again.
I also believe the engine becomes really hot while it is almost not used, also the cables become hot.

Do you have an idea what could be wrong or what I do wrong?

Thanks.

Hi,
No I don't have an another motor.
Do you think the problem is in the motor and not in the controller?

Can I just connect any 4268 motor to the controller or does it need to be the Xerun version?

And can I run a non sensored motor with the Xerun XR8 SCT controller?
Or can I try the run the Xerun 4268 I have without the sensor wires attached should that work?

I would try disconnecting the sensor cable and seeing if the problem persists. Are you sure the wires were soldered in the correct order/location?

Today I went to the store and first I replaced the controller and helped a bit, the motor did run (sometimes) and did became hot anymore. But it still was not perfect sometimes the motor still did not run.
So eventually I also replaced the motor and the controller.
I now have the:
motor: Xerun 4268 G3 2200KV
controller: Xerun XR8 Pro
And now it all works fine again.

Hopefully this keeps working for a while 😀

Recent Popular Liked

Back