• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tbuggy's EB48.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBuggy

TF Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET410
  4. SCT410
I figured I would start a thread for my EB48.3 and for the past two years this thing has been awesome for me, I have loved it from the start! I got it to replace my EB48SL (which was my first Tekno by the way) and since there was no need to for me to have two buggies I converted my SL into the SCT410.3. Maybe I will start a thread on my SCT410.3 but thats a whole other story.

To start I guess I will just list what electronics I am running and any upgrades.

For electronics I am currently running:
ESC:
Hobbywing XR8 plus (at the beginning of the year I was running a Castle MMX)
Motor: Tekin 1900kv
Servo: Protek 150S (I used to run a savox last year)
Radio: Spektrum DX4S

Upgrades currently include:
-EB48.4 steering update
-LF springs
-Emulsion shocks (w/ delrin pistons and guides)
-Overdrive (NB48.4 front diff and EB48.4 rear diff)
-Universals on all four corners
-Homemade SS skid plates

Here are some pics of it after I built it. Like I mentioned earlier I have since swapped out the ESC.
IMG_1062.JPGIMG_1066.JPGIMG_1067.JPGIMG_1068.JPGIMG_1069.JPG

Pics of it these days.
IMG_4341.JPGIMG_4342.JPGIMG_4344.JPGIMG_4345.JPG

I will post more updates later. I just scored a bunch of spare parts that should take through next year and some for a pretty good deal including a custom painted body. If you have any questions let me know I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
My recent score on some spare .3 parts. If I was to pay normal prices the Universals and the custom body would have costed me $100 alone...I got it all for that price w/ shipping. These will keep me running for some time for sure!
IMG_4346.JPG

Thank you @WoodiE!

Something that made me happy recently was how I just fixed my front shock tower. As you can see it is a different color than it should be, that is because of the process I used to bend it back. I burnt off all of the anodizing. I had a few conversations with some guys at the track after I bent the tower and they all said..."don't try to bend it back out it will just snap!". Being me I took that as kind of a challenge at that point.

I did a little research to see if my original idea on how I can fix it would work and so far it has worked out great. Long story short I heated the tower up with a torch and then pressed it in my vise to get it flat again. Then I let it cool down slowly and at that point from my understanding if I stopped their the tower would probably have just bent right back after the next crash. So after it cooled I heated it back up to hotter than my laser would register (it only goes to about 750 or so, I think the magic number is 900 for 7075 aluminum). After that I quenched it in water and then threw it in the oven at 250 for almost a full day.

Now my process wasn't exact for hardening the aluminum but it was done the best I could with what I have and so far since the fix it has handled the repair without issues so far. I am sure the integrity has changed a little but from my stand point it was nice to not have to trash a part after thinking it was broken.

Last edited:
After a good run with my RCs at the track two suffered some carnage. I decided to over shoot a jump with my EB48 that ends on a 90 degree turn, and well it didn't work in my cars favor, LOL!

Tore up a front arm, bent a hinge pin and bent a front Uni! Funny thing is that I ended up on my wheels again and was able to keep driving until I noticed it pulling hard to right and a funny clicking sound (that ended up being my drive shaft hitting a front spring.
IMG_4573.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

Good thing I have all the parts on hand so we will be up and running again in no time!

After pulling things apart to replace parts, I noticed that the hinge pins was not bent! I gave it the roll test on my counter and it is as good as new! I only assumed the hinge pin would have been bent due to the extent of all the other damage. Of course I the pill was stretched out so add that to the broken parts but remove the hinge pin from the list....Bravo Tekno!!

I figured I would start a thread for my EB48.3 and for the past two years this thing has been awesome for me, I have loved it from the start! I got it to replace my EB48SL (which was my first Tekno by the way) and since there was no need to for me to have two buggies I converted my SL into the SCT410.3. Maybe I will start a thread on my SCT410.3 but thats a whole other story.

To start I guess I will just list what electronics I am running and any upgrades.

For electronics I am currently running:
ESC:
Hobbywing XR8 plus (at the beginning of the year I was running a Castle MMX)
Motor: Tekin 1900kv
Servo: Protek 150S (I used to run a savox last year)
Radio: Spektrum DX4S

Upgrades currently include:
-EB48.4 steering update
-LF springs
-Emulsion shocks (w/ delrin pistons and guides)
-Overdrive (NB48.4 front diff and EB48.4 rear diff)
-Universals on all four corners
-Homemade SS skid plates

Here are some pics of it after I built it. Like I mentioned earlier I have since swapped out the ESC.
View attachment 1658View attachment 1659View attachment 1660View attachment 1661View attachment 1662

Pics of it these days.
View attachment 1664View attachment 1665View attachment 1666View attachment 1667

I will post more updates later. I just scored a bunch of spare parts that should take through next year and some for a pretty good deal including a custom painted body. If you have any questions let me know I will be glad to answer them.

Thanks for watching!
Hi,
Can you tell me a bit more about overdrive. I thought of doing the same because the rear wants often to come in font during powering on my eb48.3
Does it change that ? what is your experience ?
I thought also to upgrade the steering, is it worth it ?

Thank you

Hi,
Can you tell me a bit more about overdrive. I thought of doing the same because the rear wants often to come in font during powering on my eb48.3
Does it change that ? what is your experience ?
I thought also to upgrade the steering, is it worth it ?

Thank you

Overdrive is typically for a loose grip track. It will make it so your car "pulls" more than "pushes" when driving. Its been great for my track conditions.

I think the .4 steering upgrade is also nice upgrade, it helps on-power steering.

Recent Popular Liked

Back