• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Taming nose up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojoz

Reaction score
Hi love the forum been reading a lot but now I have a question for you. My truggy is way to nose up for my liking and was wondering what others have found to be the best solution? So truggy is a .3 with.4 steering and emulsion shocks otherwise pretty much stock with box stock set up. This is for racing the track is outside med to large and has several sections where I need to be on the throttle pretty much going into jump sections so I can clear doubles and triples plus I have an envelope and it flys so much more neutral when I go from one to the other it takes a good part of race trying to reprogram for a complete different drive and I definitely like the end so looking to get it jumping more neutral. Thanks hope I gave enough info to be useful.

Oh I can get nose down I would just prefer to not have it wanting to do back flips on entry and like I said the biggest thing is the extreme difference between it and my buggy. I'm sure I can get use to it but if a set up change can help that would be preferable, but I have very little wheel time with it 3 race heats and maybe a pack before that so I can adjust if need be.
What are you doing with your throttle when in the air? Try taping the breaks, that will point the nose down instantly.

Oh I can get nose down I would just prefer to not have it wanting to do back flips on entry and like I said the biggest thing is the extreme difference between it and my buggy. I'm sure I can get use to it but if a set up change can help that would be preferable, but I have very little wheel time with it 3 race heats and maybe a pack before that so I can adjust if need be.

It could be a ride height issue (being too low in the front) but my first guess especially now that you are saying its wanting to do back flips makes me think you are pegging the throttle down in the air.

That was why I asked "what are you doing with the throttle while in air?" Its just like motocross your throttle and breaks are how you control your car in the air.

Ok let me say I was exaggerating a little bit on the back flips comment and I am familiar with throttle in relation to the flight. I am hoping there's a set up change (s) that might have it jump a little more similar to my buggy. I was looking at some set up changes that might help but I won't get enough track time before I will be racing it this weekend which definitely only allows for a couple changes so was hoping someone had same issue. I was going to adust ride height and drop to start with as they're quick and can be changed back easily but most of the other changes will be a one and done take it and race it. But thanks for the input.

Softer front springs (for slower rebound), raise the ride height (at least in front), and or switch to a lighter front shock oil.

Is the front of the chassis hitting the lip of the ramp?

Can you get someone to shoot some video of you running your truck on the track? It's kind of hard to tell if the issue might be how you're entering the jump face... could be too much motor... what's your setup for electronics? Might need a higher capacity (heavier) pack to help settle the truck down too... maybe dial back the EPA on the throttle and/or reduce punch and/or reduce throttle speed setting on the radio.

Damn you're Killin me tbuggy I was thinking just the opposite on ride height I was either going to lower the front if anything but more likely to raise the rear now I am going to have nightmares lol. Glad you're joining us Bill I am not going to claim to be all that good of a racer or even very knowledgeable as it pertains to racing. Oh and yes I am sure my driving style could have an influence on this but as stated it's not the nose up that is the problem it's the extreme difference between the truggy and my buggy that makes it an issue because going from one to the other definitely is not what I was anticipating when I got the truggy. That being said I built the buggy and know it better than the truggy which I purchased used so for electronics I'm running a xr8 plus with 4274 2250kv motor and battery is gens RS pack and actually came out of buggy so all things be equal the only difference is the vehicle as I use same controller and electronics on both I did change pinion from 16 to a 14 today do to speed as it was quite fast but I was thinking that might cause more nose up if anything I'll let you know when I test tomorrow. Thanks

dropping to 14T pinion should significantly help... I had to reduce my EPA to 85% on my ET48.3 with a 16T pinion and 2200KV motor... most team drivers recommend 1900KV max for most tracks. I recently switched from a 5200mAh pack to a heavier 6500mAh pack and my truck became so much easier to drive, my fast lap dropped from 38.3 to 36.5 with that change alone!

Well like you said ride height is a super easy to adjust and re-adjust so try lowering it and see what happens.

I say "raise" the ride height in front because if the front end kicks up after taking off from the ramp it could be because the front of the chassis is slapping and then bouncing up from the lip of the ramp.

Recent Popular Liked

Back