• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Suddenly more nose heavy - what to check?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tetsuo

Reaction score
On my last run, the nose seemed to keep wanting to drop and single backflips off my ramp were almost impossible when the've been trivially easy in the past. It's a distinct change from the consistently neutral and ultra-responsive handling I usually get out of it. I haven't changed any settings, and upon initial inspection, nothing seems bent or broken. What should I be looking for?

Is this a different ramp/jump you are using or has it changed shape any?

You haven't changed anything? Shocks? Ride height? Tires/wheels?

Is this a different ramp/jump you are using or has it changed shape any?

You haven't changed anything? Shocks? Ride height? Tires/wheels?

Nope - didn't change a darn thing. Just seems to nose down now... maybe it's a throttle/esc thing? Might have changed a radio setting w/o meaning to, but mechanically I can't see any difference. odd.

Does the truck roll as freely as it did before you noticed this? There may be something bent or damaged in the drivetrain that’s causing a constant drag brake effect.

Funny how the most minute changes can have very perceptible differences.

Turns out that it was just how one of my two battery packs was fitting. With the Gens Ace 4s I was using, there's enough room that it can be 5mm farther forward/back. When I strap it down in one spot, I get neutral in-air handling, and in the other, it's enough of a difference that the same inputs I'm used to give nose-down behavior. This was compounded by a recent shoe-goo repair job on the body that was probably more nose heavy.

Recent Popular Liked

Back