• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chassis slightly bent after first nose dive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkerry4103

Reaction score
Is it pretty common for these to bend this easily? It's not a lot but it's enough to make me re-adjust my steering trim. Is there something to prevent this from bending again if it I get another nose dive? I built this kit on the 2nd.
IMG_1539.JPEG

I've never bent my chassis but can totally happen if jump high enough and fast enough with a most spectacular nose dive... check out M2C chassis braces if you want to prevent this from happening again, if you're racing competitively then that will reduce performance where chassis flex improves traction.... risk vs reward

Is it pretty common for these to bend this easily? It's not a lot but it's enough to make me re-adjust my steering trim. Is there something to prevent this from bending again if it I get another nose dive? I built this kit on the 2nd.View attachment 7097
Did it bend back OK? If the chassis is twisted it can be a pain. I have used two long pieces of wood clamped on the flat section above the bend, and have then held the main part of the chassis in a "work-mate" or vice, then with the longer pieces of wood you can leverage the part you need to straighten back into line. The issue will be the more it gets bent the easier it will bend in the future. Hope you sort it out mate.

Did it bend back OK? If the chassis is twisted it can be a pain. I have used two long pieces of wood clamped on the flat section above the bend, and have then held the main part of the chassis in a "work-mate" or vice, then with the longer pieces of wood you can leverage the part you need to straighten back into line. The issue will be the more it gets bent the easier it will bend in the future. Hope you sort it out mate.
I couldn’t get it bent back confidently straight. I figured since I ordered the m2c brace as recommended. I’d install that and take some big jumps that’ll probably straighten it out. The truck did this on a jump that was maybe 8ft high. I’ve done this jump multiple times but this time it nose dived really hard and no amount of throttle could bring it back up.

I couldn’t get it bent back confidently straight. I figured since I ordered the m2c brace as recommended. I’d install that and take some big jumps that’ll probably straighten it out. The truck did this on a jump that was maybe 8ft high. I’ve done this jump multiple times but this time it nose dived really hard and no amount of throttle could bring it back up.
I hope the updates fix the issue for you, it doesn't look too bad from the photo, so I hope you can still enjoy the car anyway.

Recent Popular Liked

Back