• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Starting set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcase1060

Reaction score
Hello first post, new to Tekno, and Racing.

Something about Tekno has caught my eye and is my favorite out of the other racing brands I have looked at.

Been bashing a pair each: Arrma kratons, custom built E-Revo 2.0's, 1/16 E-Revos, also have a pair of rock crawlers.

The reason for my post is I am looking to get into racing.

The starting setup would be:
A Tekno RC EB48 2.1 4WD Competition 1/8 Electric Buggy Kit (while buying used is not out of the question, the main reason so wanting a new kit is to build it myself. Plus i dont want to buy someone elses problems (although im sure there are good used cars out the) That way i know thes ins and outs, plus building is one of my favorite things about RC cars).

The the ESC and Motoe to start would be what i already hav

I have a Spektrum RC Firma 150 Amp Sensorless Brushless Smart ESC & Motor Combo (2050Kv)St that I would start with (probably a 16 tooth gear)

Starting servo will probably be a less expensive one off amazon (have not made up my mind about that yet).

Was woundering if this would be a good starting combination.

Any advise, or ESC, Motor, or Servo suggestions are welcomed

Thanks in advance.

Phil

While you can probably live with a more basic ESC, what you want is the best servo you can afford.

You’ll also notice the 74mm motor is too much torque for the buggy rubber. This will not help your driving. It probably is worth getting a cheap 68mm motor in the 1900kv range.

In racing, less is more. I’m assuming you are running 4s.

Hey Phil, welcome to the forum!

I've got a build thread here on the 2.0 version which should be close enough to help you with your build:
I am not familiar with Spektrum electronics, just don't see any racers use them to form any opinion, though I've listed my preferred electronics on my setup sheet linked in the OP of thread above :)

Some more tips here worth a read:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3003342-Bill-s-Bookmarks

Last edited:
Spend good money on a good servo, don't put too much power in your buggy. They can be a handful with a 1900kv and the 16T would work great on a 1900kv. The majority of guys at our local track have 1900s in their buggy. You can go bigger, but you will end up turning it down.

Recent Popular Liked

Back