• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Starting out with MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy King

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi

I am new to the forum and relatively new to RC (I currently have an Arrma Kraton 4S).

I am strongly considering buying the MT410, I see on the forum that there have been some suggestions for upgrades from the start i.e. aluminium servo horn, aluminium shock caps, steel spur gear, rear and centre braces etc. I will take these on board for when I get my kit.

Does anyone know the part number for the steel spur gear? Also when looking for braces where should I look, M2C or TBone racing? Has anyone tried the TBone racing upper chassis brace TBR T2T?

I think what I am getting at is that I want the best possible start, so any good recommendations will be appreciated, along with part numbers/manufacturers would be even better.

I am in the UK, so I am also wondering where is the best place to get parts? That said where is the best place to get parts in the US?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Are you planning on sending it big air? Otherwise you don’t necessarily need the chassis braces. I personally am not fan of the metal spur either.

i would go for a T-bone bumper though, or the german equivalent POS.

Welcome to the forum in the beginning and when not sending it big air you only need the metal shockcaps to start with.
In my MT410 I have still the plastic ones, and the metal ones as backup.
Have fun building it.

Hi

I am new to the forum and relatively new to RC (I currently have an Arrma Kraton 4S).

I am strongly considering buying the MT410, I see on the forum that there have been some suggestions for upgrades from the start i.e. aluminium servo horn, aluminium shock caps, steel spur gear, rear and centre braces etc. I will take these on board for when I get my kit.

Does anyone know the part number for the steel spur gear? Also when looking for braces where should I look, M2C or TBone racing? Has anyone tried the TBone racing upper chassis brace TBR T2T?

I think what I am getting at is that I want the best possible start, so any good recommendations will be appreciated, along with part numbers/manufacturers would be even better.

I am in the UK, so I am also wondering where is the best place to get parts? That said where is the best place to get parts in the US?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy

The MT410 is a great car. One of the very best and most capable monster trucks.

The only 'essential' upgrade it needs as you are building it is the aluminium servo horn as the stock plastic one is surprisingly weak.

I wouldn't buy any other upgrades to start and justr enjoy the car mostly stock for now, my ET48 has only a handful of upgrade parts on it. I don't have the steel spur despite running a very powerful TP power motor because as long as your gear mesh is set right and the motor mount doesn't come loose, it is strong enough and can handle a lot of torque.

The best place for parts in the UK is undoubtedly the sole distributor; RPRC distribution. They have some of the best service I have every encountered online and Matt, the owner is very helpful and efficient.

Recent Popular Liked

Back