• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Best ESC settings as a starting point

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMSM

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
Setting up my Mamba X + 1515 Castle motor in my ET48 2.0 and was going to start with the default ESC settings and get the hang of things before making any modifications, but I noticed the default setting in the Mamba had the wheels brake when pushing the trigger forward instead of reversing the turning direction of the wheels, so I changed that setting to:
pull the trigger = forward motion, neutral = brake wheels, push the trigger forward = reverse motion).

To show how much of a noob I am with RC cars, this is how things are supposed to be set up,
correct?

Are there any other settings in the ESC that would be good to change from the get go?

What you described originally is normal. When you push forward you get brakes. Once you've come to a stop, return to neutral and forward again is reverse. It sounds like you've set is as crawler reverse with some drag brake. Put it to with reverse and if you added any drag brake put it to zero.
If it's all new to you under the power tab for punch control maybe set to 50% or so. That will soften the power application as you roll on to the trigger or some people treat it like a light switch, on/off. Under the same tab you might also consider turning the max power down so you're not slamming into stuff at full tilt. It's all user preference though, no one size fits all.

What you described originally is normal. When you push forward you get brakes. Once you've come to a stop, return to neutral and forward again is reverse. It sounds like you've set is as crawler reverse with some drag brake. Put it to with reverse and if you added any drag brake put it to zero.
If it's all new to you under the power tab for punch control maybe set to 50% or so. That will soften the power application as you roll on to the trigger or some people treat it like a light switch, on/off. Under the same tab you might also consider turning the max power down so you're not slamming into stuff at full tilt. It's all user preference though, no one size fits all.

Thanks, I set it up correctly now. Also good advice on the max power and punch!

Did my first run today. The way it’s set up is as follows:

- going forward is exactly as you described: pushing the trigger away from me once is brake, bring to neutral and push trigger forward a second time is reverse
- when going in reverse, however, pulling the trigger towards me doesn’t brake like above, it immediately changes direction from reverse to forward

Correct set up?

Did my first run today. The way it’s set up is as follows:

- going forward is exactly as you described: pushing the trigger away from me once is brake, bring to neutral and push trigger forward a second time is reverse
- when going in reverse, however, pulling the trigger towards me doesn’t brake like above, it immediately changes direction from reverse to forward

Correct set up?
This is standard behavior.

Recent Popular Liked

Back