• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Solid Motor Leads - 4mm connector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordell12

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Kinda of lost on what exactly to do about this. My Leopard 4092 has solid leads that come out of the motor. I'm guessing they are actually part of the winding and not to be cut. I have extentions on them with Castle 6.5mm connectors, and bought a new set if the 6.5mm's to use when I permanently mount my esc (got a plate from Michael Meyer). Do I leave the 4mm bullets and just shrink tube them so they stay tight? Is there a way to remove the 4mm bullets and solder my wire directly to the leads, or use 6.5mm Castle connectors? I'll be running 6s with huge mx38's so heat can be a problem here, especially since I live in Texas. You can actually see where they have already gotten hot.

20180611_044642.jpg

Those wires are not part of the windings on the motor and they can be trimmed if necessary.

I have also trimmed motors with hard windings, but the reason it's not recommended for these types of motors is because the windings are encased with a silicone film that is very difficult to remove and extremely difficult to solder, I've done this once when one of my windings had snapped in a hard crash. I had to use my dremel with a wire brush to grind away the film before I could re-solder the wiring again.

Go ahead and replace your desired connectors, and yes shrink tubing is a must :)

Is it possible to just solder the 4mm bullets together and keep what I already have?

great! thanks

Recent Popular Liked

Back