• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekin RX8 Gen2,,, Solid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceBash

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
I recently purchased what appears to be a fine example of an EB48.3 and it came with the Tekin RX8 and T8 sensored motor. Since dropping the cash for this vehicle, I did a little research on this ESC and found a few thread that seem to indicate a common problem. But the threads I found were pretty old. Did Tekin solve all the problems with this ESC? Or, should I take some action to add some action to make it more durable?

Based on the thread I have read (the old ones), the problem was a mechanical failure of the PCB instead of an electrical failure.

I want this to be a durability-first vehicle. Its likelty to get an SCT front and maybe rear bumper if they can be made to fit without looking weird. I am thinking T-bone...

The Tekin ESCs are high quality racing ESCs. Unfortunately they aren’t known to be the most durable. I recommend taking out the ESC and putting down either padded sticky tape or a minimum of 3 layers of double sided tape and positioning the ESC nicely so it won’t slam I to anything when you crash.

the T8 motors are awesome.

i've used the RX8 Gen1 and 2 in all my Tekno vehicles. and always with the Kyosho Gel tape. I usually only race but crash a lot and they have been durable for me. Also, last I knew Tekin has a trade in program that gets you a new RX8 at a deal.

If you plan on keeping her on 4S, and keeping that sensored smoothness, get the XR8SCT Hobbywing. At $109 it's truly a steal. I run a XR8+ in my rc8b3.1e with a tekin 2050kv 2030 motor & in my rc8t3.1e I just purchased my second RX8 stepping up from a gen 2 to 3. Their's a noticable difference in the thickness and rigidity of the case. The gen 2s were known as having a case that was thinner, as well not resistant to nitro cleaner, which a lot of guys run both classes & swear would clean their teeth with that stuff. Now still have the gen 2 which died after a deadly trifecta of 1) putting a 2050kv on 6S, and not drop the 30 degrees of timing I had on. The new RX8 is a really nice esc, comes with more "race" orientated profiles, downloadable pro setups, and pretty nice data logging. That's why guys race with them, you can really figure out your car. Unlike my XR8+, which has the worst data logging and software compliment out there as to be useless. But they make a pretty well regarded esc.

I am still running it with some really strong hook/loop stuff that does flex. So far I have had no problems. I have been a user of either OEM or cheap ESCs until endig up with this one. I have been impressed enough with it that I bought an RS for my EB410.

After some trading, I now have a second RX8 Gen1 that was mostly dead when I got it then I finished it off. Apparently, for $123 and shipping, I can trade this for a new Gen3. I am considering it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back