• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
What is the best setup for big jumps 12-15ft high? Oil weight and or pistons?

Reactions: Hye
I am using 70 wt in the rear and 60 in the front of a Kraton, that is using Teckno full option shocks. I use the Conical Derlin 4 holes pistons. And the Tekno orange springs. Seem to work well. I have not ever had the broken shock parts that a lot of Kraton owners have experienced. I found that you will be slapping the chassis on the ground, pretty much no matter what set up you use. 9 lbs from 15 feet is going to bottom out. I tried, and realized that no matter how much spring or thickness of oil I used, the car was either going to bottom out, or that shocks were so stiff, that driving it anywhere but a jump was impossible. Best thing to do is to always land on all four wheels.

agree 100% with the above. best thing to do is just set up for normal use and try to land on all 4 wheels to avoid damage...

just a tip to throw out there, I know we dont race the MT but from a racers stand point, remember the shock oil effects the movement of your swing arm going down as well as up. If we are on a particularly rough track with blow outs and such, we will raise the shock oil to keep the wheels from dropping into the holes and kicking the car all over the place. It helps to keep the car skimming over the top of the holes. if you are flat landing a car and the shock oil is to high, you will get kick back. like stated earlier you cant stop chassis slap, but if you have a nice down side landing keep the shocks just soft enough to give you a good run up to the jump and try to land on all fours.

Thanks, for all advice I am going to just upgrade to to aluminum caps, cartridge caps, and Delrin cartridge set. And use stock oil.

Setting your ride height a little on the higher side with maximum droop, will probably help with the harder flat landings.

Another question what about the piston hole size and number of holes?

My Kraton handles it pretty good but, it’s warped the chassis. Tekno should be great long as I put four wheels on the ground.:p

On emulsion style shocks how do you keep the oil from coming out of the bleeder holes with the TKR8702 caps? Watched my dad try to build his and got frustrated. He ended up useing the plastic caps that came with it.

Ok next question is: what is the stock oil weight for the mt410? Is it really #700wt? Joy riding my dads “Poppy” mt410 while he is out of town and blew a shock cap. I need to rebuild it for him but can’t seem to find 700wt oil. 70wt seems more common.

B1CC4B2D-CD38-405F-892A-AFA2989D2E31.jpeg

Ok next question is: what is the stock oil weight for the mt410? Is it really #700wt? Joy riding my dads “Poppy” mt410 while he is out of town and blew a shock cap. I need to rebuild it for him but can’t seem to find 700wt oil. 70wt seems more common.

The stock shock oils are in cst not wt. 700cst is equivalent to about 52.5wt.

I run 60WT up front and 50WT in the rear when using up my Team Associated oil. When I'm out of that I'll switch to PT Racing shock oil 800cst up front and 700CST in the rear. Just trying to burn up some inventory on the shelf before I switch over my heavier weight shock oils.

The stock shock oils are in cst not wt. 700cst is equivalent to about 52.5wt.

I run 60WT up front and 50WT in the rear when using up my Team Associated oil. When I'm out of that I'll switch to PT Racing shock oil 800cst up front and 700CST in the rear. Just trying to burn up some inventory on the shelf before I switch over my heavier weight shock oils.
Thanks, I was looking at the manual it was not that cleat on the oil weight.

Attachments

• 25C125A5-2CDA-46C4-81D6-7EC672B61E84.jpeg
    25C125A5-2CDA-46C4-81D6-7EC672B61E84.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 590

Recent Popular Liked

Back