• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock setup question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandrew

Reaction score
Hello all just had a question on setting up my shocks, as I very slowly progress through my build. I was wondering since im adding/changing alot of parts from stock, if it is reccommended to change shok setup ie. dif oil cst or springs than stock due to the increase in weight. I got parts from MMM and M2c, as follows. MMM front and rear shock towers, rear skid plate. M2c center brace, motor mount brace, shock tower brace, and plan to put in a tp 4050. So obiviously above its intened weight so i feel like changes should be made, any help would be appreciated.

It depends what type of driving you’re doing with the truck. On a similar build, I had calculated an added weight of 225g. Which is not bad at all. Going for a long wheelbase m2c chassis is going to double this number.

Now, as you lock that chassis with the bracing, you’re going to eliminate flex and any energy absorption by the chassis. The suspension is going to have to work harder and soak it all. Which means that if you also stiffen the suspension, then you’re likely to lose quite a lot of that great Tekno handling.

If you run on rough terrain, keep it soft. If you’re mainly jumping and need to soften landings, then move to yellow springs (or orange). Springs are cheap enough (relatively to the cost of the hobby) for you to buy multiple options and try them out.

It depends what type of driving you’re doing with the truck. On a similar build, I had calculated an added weight of 225g. Which is not bad at all. Going for a long wheelbase m2c chassis is going to double this number.

Now, as you lock that chassis with the bracing, you’re going to eliminate flex and any energy absorption by the chassis. The suspension is going to have to work harder and soak it all. Which means that if you also stiffen the suspension, then you’re likely to lose quite a lot of that great Tekno handling.

If you run on rough terrain, keep it soft. If you’re mainly jumping and need to soften landings, then move to yellow springs (or orange). Springs are cheap enough (relatively to the cost of the hobby) for you to buy multiple options and try them out.
so essentially build em stock see how it goes and get some stiffer springs to try out. but reccomend leaving the oil cst alone?

riding will be general bashing, ripping around fields, some jumps not planning on launching it to the moon

I would build them per the manual and then make adjustments after the truck is built and running.

Recent Popular Liked

Back