• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock oil setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illestep3

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering what shock oils you are using in your trucks, thank you !

I don't have a truck...but I've always used associated oils. Ive heard really good things about ptc but have not tried them yet.

Whatever you do.....stick to one brand for constituency

Lol consistency

My LHS has the team associated oils, can't beat an. I'm just using the stock oils that came with the MT410. Can't remember what the weights are without looking but IIRC they use different scake/numbering than the AE numbers... I do have some secret weapon springs though...

Yea the kit oils are cst ratings. AE still uses the weights. But if you look close they list the cst as well. For instance just off the top of my head 45wt is 575cst

I run 40w in the front and 35 in the rear in the Summer on my 410.3. In the Winter it’s 35 front and 30 in the back.

Depends on the vehicles and the application. I'm a basher through and trough, i generally run 60 weight up front with slightly softer in the rear and that seems to suit my driving styles best.

I recently just switched over to PT Racing oils for shocks and diffs. 450CST in the front 300CST in the rear in the SCT410.3. From the research I've done the PT Racing fluids are top notch.

I use Associated shock oils, they're cheap and they work. Plus, on the setup sheets for the B5M, they use Associated oils. My B5M requires constant attention as far as setups go, but my Tekno stays the same for all races and tracks.

I use associated, maybe not the best fluid, but it seems to be pretty consistent from purchase to purchase.

Here is a chart I find handy with wt/cst numbers. https://goo.gl/images/kW9dQT

I recently just switched over to PT Racing oils for shocks and diffs. 450CST in the front 300CST in the rear in the SCT410.3. From the research I've done the PT Racing fluids are top notch.

where do ya get the PTs?

I recently switched to PT Racing Oils in all my rigs... it's really annoying how each other brand on the market is inconsistent with their weight markings where knowing what the true cSt value is far more useful:
http://lutzinator.com/lutzrc/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12

What I even like more about PT fluids is they are sold in larger bottles which makes it even more cost effective ;)

+1 on PTR (from LutzRC). I run 100wt f/r and orange springs.

Im running the Lucas/AE stuff in my EB. 35 in front 32.5 in rear. I also run thst on my truggy.

Another recommendation for PT oils over here! Good price and so far I have gotten exactly what I wanted when buying these oils. I have witnessed visually the inconsistency of AE oils thats what I was using before (if it wasn't tekno stock oils). I have had two bottles of the same oil side by side and you could see the viscosity difference in the way they flowed!

Recent Popular Liked

Back